Extra heater and Ramoska from Alza (1 Viewer)

May 19, 2015
Surrey
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
6 years
We have had our motorhome for two weeks now. The first day we collected it we slept in it and had a problem with the gas and so no heating. We have only used it in the day time since then and gas is now fine. However, we wonder if we should invest in a small oil filled radiator and somewhere read about the Dimplex Eco Chic. It is about £50-60 so just wanted to see if anyone had one. Do you think it is wise to have additional heating? We are only going to spend one night in it next weekend on hook up so could wait and see I suppose. But we are also planning a 2-3 week trip to Scotland at Easter!

The other thing I have read about on here is the Ramsoka from a company called Alza. Has anyone bought one from them? If so can they confirm if the plug on them is English or continental? I know Lakeland do them but they are considerably more expensive from them.

sdc77

Free Member
Jan 28, 2013
Weardale, Co Durham
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
since 2011
Your regular heating should be good enough tbh. We have an oil filled rad which we use when the vans parked on the drive sometimes when away well use it in the awning ...

Upvote 0

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
We have suggested the Dimplex Eco Chic on the forum a few times as have one as a lightweight alternative to an oil filled radiator & just as effective so very happy with ours. Ideal if already paying for electric when on site with EHU.
We have bought from Alza before as have quite a few Funsters & all good :). Our Remoska did come with continental plug but can buy UK adapter at checkout but don't think that it is fused so this is type is a safer fused option http://cpc.farnell.com/brennenstuhl/1508533/travel-adaptor-earthed/dp/PL11280?CMP=CPC-PLA .
If ordering don't forget £5 off orders over £50 from Alza until 31st December with code 5AVING5 (y)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
That is an amazing price.....£75.66 as opposed to Lakelands £169.99

I would go for the Alza offering.

Its the same model so its up to date.
It would appear it has a 2 pin euro plug but its not rocket science to cut off the plug and fit a UK 3PIN plug.
Or if you want to conserve any warrenty simple use a euro adaptor and plug into that.

https://www.alza.co.uk/remoska-r22-grandteflon-d506613.htm?catid=18850377

Upvote 0

eddie

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 4, 2007
Taunton Somerset
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
since 1989
I ordered a Remoska from Alza a couple of weeks ago, for the camper. Before putting it in the van I have been playing. I've cooked a roast chicken I have cooked roast potatoes are cooked big lump of topside beautifully rare, I have used it with aunt Betty's Yorkshire pudding's and I made my own. I've also cooked sausages bacon and lasagna in it all in the interest of science and to prove to my wife it wasn't another useless gadget .

It comes with a continental plug which you simply cut off and put 13 in UK plug on .

Upvote 0

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
We love our Remoskas - now have a small one for the motorhome & the bigger one for at home as cooks better, faster & cheaper than our cooker! Ideal for meat as browns, crisps but does not dry out. Favourite one pot meal in the motorhome is roast veg. & potatoes with chicken pieces on top. Now experimenting with cakes & puddings too http://www.motorhomefun.co.uk/forum/threads/easy-remoska-recipes.119010/
We chose to use a converter as plan to take it when house sitting in Europe in the next year or two - at least that is the plan...

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

Branston1080

Free Member
Oct 30, 2012
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
3 years
I use a delonghi bambino oil filled radiator. It was recommended by a funster, buy a timer plug and you've essentially got yourself timed central heating whilst on hook up. When it's really cold I leave mine on low over night, it doesn't make a noise or dry the air out. I wouldn't be without it!

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back