Extra external storage needed (1 Viewer)

OP
OP
J

jennymaywright

Free Member
Aug 21, 2009
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Beenybox

Thanks. Yes, they're the things we're thinking of. Does anyone have an opinion on them?

Jenny

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

dazzer

Free Member
Jul 30, 2007
In my house
Funster No
MH
Virtual RV!!
Exp
10 Years
Does it have to be integrated into the chassis??

If not and you have a towbar have a look at the the Thule range of towbar mounted storage systems. They are a realy good price and have the ability to be adapted for different uses (bike racks etc) :thumb:

madbluemad

Banned
Jan 26, 2008
spain
Funster No
MH
just looking
Exp
since 1980
The only issue that I would have with them is the extra weight that you take on when the locker/bow/drawer is full up.

I was thinking yesterday that we could do with more storage space because everywhere was full.

Now we have a fair amount of storage space as it is and I felt that the manufacturers would only design as much storage space to allow them to keep to the maximium GVWR and so it didnt make sense to add more.

Better to chuck some stuff out:RollEyes:

Jim
:Smile:

T

TomTee

Deleted User
I had one on my last motor home and it was excellent. Depending on where you live you'll be better combining it with a trip to Cornwall as you'll see from the link given to you above, they are in Camborne and have no agents anywhere else.

They did mine in one day and, as they are right next to the railway station, we went to St. Ives by train, a beautiful journey and returned late afternoon to find the job done.

They are not cheap, mine was about £400, but if you're really stuck for space they can make a lot of difference. They're great for the levelling blocks, toilet fluids, cables etc. that you need for outside the 'van.

Edited to say that I don't necessarily agree with the poster above. Our Beenybox didn't mean that we took more stuff with us, but it was certainly stored in a more convenient place. I also do not believe that manufacturers design storage space to meet weight requirements. They've no idea what you may be carrying and they design storage space to fit the design of the 'van and for cost reasons, which is why you may not get such storage boxes as standard.

DESCO

Free Member
Mar 11, 2009
London
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
18 years +12 years tugging
Never had one myself but have seen a few on different vans and must say have been most impressed by them. As has been said good for leads leveling ramps etc.

Dave :thumb::thumb:

OP
OP
J

jennymaywright

Free Member
Aug 21, 2009
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Beenyboxes

Many thanks everyone. We don't intend taking any extra stuff just want to be able to store the type of things already mentioned, levellers, cables, hosepipe, muddy boots etc etc without having to use the shower/toilet area and inside cupboards.:thumb:

Jul 3, 2008
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Apache 700
Exp
since 1998
Has anyone had an external, under chassis drawer fitted for extra storage? (Can't remember what they're called). If so, what do you think of it?

They are called Beeny box and they cost around 500 pounds

Rainbowchaser

Free Member
Feb 27, 2010
Third rock from the sun
Funster No
MH
Err..A blue one
Exp
Hmnn...Quite a long time really...
My solution..?
Lidl garden shed/box.
About 20 odd quid.
Waterproof and lightweight
I bolted mine down to the bike rack.
Useful for all those bits and bobs of low value..
The wife says it's a bit cramped for sleeping in
but she's always whining about something....
:Smile:

Attachments

• box.jpg
    box.jpg
    73.3 KB · Views: 35
OP
OP
J

jennymaywright

Free Member
Aug 21, 2009
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Extra External Storage

Yes, we had thought of an alumium box but fitted onto the tow bar underneath the bike rack. Does anyone have one of these? Are they any good and how do you fix it to the tow bar?

Jenny

wasp

Free Member
Dec 21, 2008
Warsop
Funster No
MH
None gone caravannin
Exp
We have a box on our Buccaneer Clipper it is quite useful, however when we first bought the van the lock broke and the drawer kept sliding open whilst we were in France. The lock was a bit flimsy and it broke, we applied the old gaffer tape fix, but Brownhills at Newark fixed it for us under warranty.:thumb::thumb::thumb:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back