Free Member
May 26, 2009
Kent
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
6 Years
Having spoken to a very nice couple in Dorset regarding external screen covers I have decided to get some for our van. Luckily we don't suffer from condensations (unlike the Swift we hired last year) but we would like better insulation and external light elimination as the cab curtains are not the best of fits.

My question is this, are the Silver Screen blinds the best or should I consider other makes? I would appreciate anyones experience of different covers re: the effectiveness, quality, size for storage etc.

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
all makes do the same job.....

external for winter...keeps heat in,

internals for summer....reflects suns heat. (and can cause condensation during the night)

gixermark

Free Member
Sep 8, 2009
Hereford
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
2 years ! Ex "Tugger" of 7 years + !!
Buy one from : Link Removed ........ they are the same family ( the son ) who make Silver Screens using the same product etc in the same factory.

I ordered a set for our Fiat Ducato including the 'Day - Screen' ( read about it on there website, well worth the extra tenner! ) and postage ........ £80.00 !!!

Fit & quality is excellent ......... give em a go, you won't be dissapointed.:thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

carl65

Free Member
Jul 20, 2009
North Shields Tyne & Wear
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
had mine on this weekend silverscreen best thing i have bought in ages keeping the morning light out so kids sleep longer !!! go and get some.

Theonlysue

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 14, 2009
Essex
Funster No
MH
As Executive 50th an
Exp
Not long enough!
External Windscreens

Hi,
I chose the external Silver Screens and they are great. No condensation, very very light and easy to store away. Also, if you change them to fit another van, they will buy your old one back as they have a queue to people waiting to buy second hand.
For the sake of a few pounds, if you buy these, they are highly recomended.

S.:thumb:

geoff1947

Free Member
May 20, 2008
Plymouth
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
10 yrs
Screens

Got mine on Silver Screens. I bought the Para-Gon which has a velcro panel that can be turned down during the day to allow light in etc.

Cost about £120 but as I am in the van a lot in the winter it's money well spent There are cheaper creens out there so do your homework.:Eeek:

gixermark

Free Member
Sep 8, 2009
Hereford
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
2 years ! Ex "Tugger" of 7 years + !!
As mentioned earlier, Silver Products are the same company as Silver Screens but a hell of a lot cheaper.

You have been advised peeps ......... :Blush:

Dec 23, 2007
Wirral
Funster No
MH
Hobby Van Kenobi
Exp
started when I was 11 with my parents-forgot to stop!been real one since 1980!
My eldest daughter is quite an adept seamstress,in fact she assisted in the reupholstery of my Hymer and made a superb job. I am in the process of buying a new 'A' class, for which AFAIK, there doesn't exist a screen for it. Perhaps one of you kind souls may be able to advise me if and where I can purchase the material from to make one?:thumb:

bigfish

Free Member
May 20, 2009
Eastleigh, Hants
Funster No
Exp
8 years, but had caravans & Tents before that
silver screens everytime for me, get the longer ones that go over the wipers and grill helps keep out draft, used in the summer to keep van cool, and darker inside for sleeping.:Cool:

DESCO

Free Member
Mar 11, 2009
London
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
18 years +12 years tugging
Must admit have always used Silver Screens on quite a few vans. The longest I used one set was for about 8 years, on changing the base vehicle let the screens go with the van, saw the van 2 years later on site still using them.

Dave:thumb::thumb:

twooks

Free Member
Aug 22, 2007
Funster No
all makes do the same job.....

external for winter...keeps heat in,

internals for summer....reflects suns heat. (and can cause condensation during the night)

but if you use externals in summer you can leave cab windows open to help air circulate

'course, you're also more likely to get visits from the local wild-life :Doh:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back