External Thermal Cover

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by electrajohnt, Aug 26, 2014.

1. electrajohnt

electrajohnt Read Only Funster

Has anyone experience of these, at £42.50 are they ok or is there better to be had.

EXTERNAL MOTOR HOME BLIND THERMAL / WINDOW COVER By Maypole

2. beacons

beacons Funster

Have just looked on goggle several sites that are offering maypole mh blinds they seem to be much cheaper than some others I would maybe order them from a site that could be returned if not what you thought

3. jonandshell

jonandshell Funster

The Mother and Father in Law had one on their old J reg Ducato, it was a dire fit and needed severe alterations to insulate anything!
    The material used is effective, it just needs to fit!

You would be better off buying a model designed to fit your van. A universal fit that works does not exist!

4. Ralph-n-Bev

Ralph-n-Bev Funster

You can't beat silverscreen, based in Cleckheaton . Top quality. Does what it says on the box. 5 people 2 dogs. No condensation and toasty warm , with the Webasto.

5. happypre65

happypre65 Funster

Another happy silverscreen user,fits perfect and easy to fit,keeps you warm in winter and cool in summer.

6. Allanm

Allanm Funster

I bought a similar cover, the fit was awful so I sent it back and bought genuine Silverscreens.
    I don't think you can beat them
    Allan

7. The Dude

The Dude Funster

Silverscreens for us too. We bought them for our first MH which was a Autocruise on a Peugot Boxer. We then changed the MH and have a Autotrail on a Fiat Ducato with remis blinds. The silverscreens wouldn't fit due to the cab doors being too wide because of the remis blind fitments. I called Silverscreens and they altered them to fit (perfectly) at a cost of £30. Excellent service. (y)

8. DuxDeluxe

DuxDeluxe Funster Life Member

Called silverscreens, told them I have an A class, they asked which one, they said they had a pattern for it, asked a few questrions about what sort of door locking it had on passenget side. Paid and it was made the same day and arrived the following day. With a lot of trepidation tried the fitting. Should not have worried - it fits like a glove. Superb!!