External Silver Screen Modification (1 Viewer)

Jul 1, 2010
SW Northumberland
Funster No
MH
Hymer B 588 DL
Exp
Since September 2010
Our silver screens are an essential addition to winter motorhoming but we have often thought it'd be nice if they let in more light. The fold down front and privacy panel are all very well but still make for a gloomy cab.

Pondered long and hard and have come up with the following simple modification, bought some 50mm wide velcro cheap on Ebay and had the wife cut and sow what is in effect a velcro strap I then fitted this along top edge of screens with entire front panel removed, the privacy panel which normally sits in top half we've moved to the bottom fitting the strap across the top to keep the screen sides taught.

Result is a much brighter cab, any manufacturers reading maybe you should consider offering this as an accessory or whatever there could be interest!

Pictures show front panel removed with privacy panel refitted to lower half of screen and strap across the top.

Pic 3 is view from inside without flash to show light level improvement pic 4 is with flash which actually is truer to light level improvement.

Hope this is of use to anyone wanting to have more light.

Attachments

• Screens01.jpg
    Screens01.jpg
    87.6 KB · Views: 59
  • Screens02.jpg
    Screens02.jpg
    55 KB · Views: 57
  • Screens03.jpg
    Screens03.jpg
    92.3 KB · Views: 61
  • Screen04.jpg
    Screen04.jpg
    95.2 KB · Views: 56

philk

Free Member
Jul 21, 2011
Lancs
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
since 2000
Silver scrrens

Hi Stewart
You have reminded me of an idea i had. If we had heavy duty bubble wrap, maybe even two layers fixed together, it would be light in the van, physically lighter and it it would be opaque so private.

Phil

Oct 27, 2007
Near Dartford
Funster No
MH
Hymer
Exp
Since 2005
On a rally at new year I saw a new A Class ( I think it was an Arto) With a bubble wrap screen cut to size.

Thought at the time what a good idea it was. Dont know if it did the job or not.

Sonja

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

philk

Free Member
Jul 21, 2011
Lancs
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
since 2000
Bubble wrap

Hi Sonja,
You can buy 4mm thick wrapping foam, three layers of this would be really effective
Philk

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back