External Screencovers During Storage (1 Viewer)

Jan 21, 2015
Stoke on Trent
Funster No
MH
Lo-line Coachbuilt
Exp
Just Starting Fifth Year
Hi funsters, a question for those of you that use external screen covers: Do you put the covers on when parked up for the winter?
I have a set of Taylor Made screen covers and they were excellent at keeping the cab area warm when I was away over Christmas and although the weather was wet and windy at times the covers did not get too wet and soon dried out in the garage back at home. This got me thinking whether these type of covers would be man enough to be used long term over the winter. Any views?

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Better than having the upholstery fade, and if you have Remis blinds across the screen if left permanently closed in sunlight they tend to come unstuck at the sides, in my opinion better to leave the silver screens on they will last about 4 years before they start to absorb water and start getting tatty.

Last edited:
Jul 13, 2008
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
Since 2007
That's what they are made for.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

mike mcglynn

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Jan 6, 2008
St. Helens MERSEYSIDE
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Warwick XL
Exp
A long time now
Hi, I left a Fiamma one on for a period overwinter and all the stitching came apart, I now have a set of Taylormade but wont be leaving them on for an extended period as I think they wont last too long with this kind of weather were are having .

sdc77

Free Member
Jan 28, 2013
Weardale, Co Durham
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
since 2011
We only use ours when we use the van tbh. The internal curtains are drawn and heating on low when it's cold

Forestboy

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 31, 2007
Forest of Dean
Funster No
MH
A Class Hymer B694 tag
Exp
Mine are on when not in use anytime of year but especially in winter thats what they're for.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Landyguy

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 8, 2013
Sutton on Sea
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Serrano
Exp
newbie from caravan - 5yrs now
Keep mine on when it is parked up in the yard and no problems apart from minor gree algae build up on stitching but will clean off ok. - 2 years now.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back