External Screen Covers

Discussion in 'Motorhome Accessories' started by mowbotman, Aug 22, 2015.

1. mowbotman

mowbotman Funster

Their are so many out there for sale which are the best, for a Ducat0 2007,I have silver screens at the moment and they do not fit very well, some have 5 or 6 layers some have 3, is more better, or does it depend on the material, some are more rigid and some are very soft. Any idea's would be helpfull

2. Ralph-n-Bev

Ralph-n-Bev Funster

Paragon silver screens for us. We used them all the time with our previous MHF. Sold them with the van.
    We've bought a brand new pair for Pug too. But then decided to put remi blinds on too. So we need to take a trip to cleckheaton for them to modify them , so they fit.

3. sdc77

sdc77 Funster

4. Derbyshire wanderer

Derbyshire wanderer Funster Life Member

Taylormade for us. Very pleased with it.

• Like Like x 1
  5. TerryL

TerryL Funster

Are you talking about External screens? We got Taylormade but they are identical to SilverScreens and fit our Fiat X250 fine. We got the long ones with the extension flap over the bonnet vents which seem to work well, even in a howling gale in the Hebrides.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Daveo2006

Daveo2006 Read Only Funster

Always used external but not sure which make i had but always seemed to work well with no condensation, I used then this weekend as my new silver screens hadn't arrived by the time we left. As soon as i got back i thought id toy with the new ones and am very pleased with the fit, in fact i don't think they could be better although there is adjustment if needed. They are for new 2015 pattern, great product and great company to deal with i thought.

7. Gellyneck

Gellyneck Funster Life Member

8. beacons

beacons Funster

Taylor made .very nice lady took our order.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Ralph-n-Bev

Ralph-n-Bev Funster

I must say we've just got back from our first proper trip in Pug our PVC. A tour around the Hebredian Islands, Fantastic time btw .
    We've always used our silver screen, in the past at night time, on our old MH. In both summer and winter months.
    We decided to fit the remis blinds to our new PVC as well.
    The remis are great for privacy. But you get condensation on the Windows.
    Lots, if you don't have the heating on, which we didn't, as we didn't need it. We noticed there wasn't as much condensation if the heating was on low.
    I'm sure they'll come in handy , and we'll get plenty use out of the Remis. But if I was to choose one or the other, and not have both. I'd choose the paragon silver screens. They keep the heat out in the summer and the heat in, in the winter! AND you don't get running wet Windows.

Last edited: Oct 12, 2015
    • Like Like x 2
  10. barsteward

barsteward Funster

I am a fairly new recruit to motor homing and this is one of the areas I did quite a lot of research in before eventually buying . It would appear from my research that either Silverscreens or Taylormade are good products and I could find little or no negative publicity about either of the products.
    They are not the cheapest on the market nor are the most expensive but they do seem to be good value for money, I personally went for the Talormade purely because of the extra length over the bonnet. The fit is extremely good and they make an enormous difference to the interior comfort.
    Edit
    Just read Ralph & Bevs post, I tried the motor home out with no screens for 5 months and encountered most extremes of weather with just the Remis Binds. Whilst they were good for privacy and keeping the sun out they have no insulation value whatsoever but are great used in conjunction with the Taylormade screen

Last edited: Oct 12, 2015
    • Like Like x 1
  11. TheBig1

TheBig1 Funster Life Member

wellllllll I have been fortunate to try several makes over the years and can honestly say that the genuine silverscreens are by far the best quality. also better to deal with if you "ever" have a problem. the owner of taylormade is a right stroppy character and nicked the idea from the others. sewing on taylormade and the fit on some models is nowhere near as good. I bought a brand new set that when unpacked were really roughly made so took them back after a bit of a battle. replaced with silverscreens and they were the quality I had come to expect.

why did i try taylormade? price, but that was before I had seen why they were cheaper. would rather pay extra and get a quality product not a cheap rip off copy
    one set of silverscreens I had (may still have them) had 10 years hard use and were still good as new when we changed to a different base van.

and no before anyone asks, I dont work for silverscreens, I am just a very satisfied long term customer who wont hesitate next time i need a new set

• Like Like x 1
  12. barsteward

barsteward Funster

Is this the right room for an argument!!:ROFLMAO:

• Like Like x 1
  13. TheBig1

NO....get over yourself and wind yer neck in :boxing::boxing::boxing::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

• Like Like x 1
  14. The Cruisers

The Cruisers Funster

We have a 2013 elddiss that just has curtains to pull round the front of the cab. So far so good but only had the MH since July and as yet hasn't been cold. What do you recommend then. Should we get silverscreens or will the curtains keep bit warmth in? I have seen screens on the inside are they any good? What about condensation?

15. TheBig1

curtains are better than nothing. internal screens are next but you still get condensation and lose heat in the colder months. external screens are brilliant at keeping warmth in in winter and heat out in summer plus no condensation. as said genuine silverscreens are the best of the bunch. you can often pick sets up second hand for about £50 on ebay etc and they wear so well that nobody would be able to tell they weren't new

• Like Like x 1
  16. The Cruisers

The Cruisers Funster

thanks for reply. When looking for silverscreens do I say what MH we have for size.

17. Speve

Speve Funster

Paragon www.silverscreens .co.uk. We have had them for years and they are excellent.
    They tell you what you need when you contact them.
    Very often second hand on here in classifieds.

• Like Like x 1
  18. TheBig1

yes they are shaped for the specific cab shape. different models for coachbuilt and A class

19. Stonemags76

Stonemags76 Funster

We got new silver screens for our latest van, having been very pleased with them when full timed. This time we bought the privacy screen as well, and it's really good. No loss of light in the van, but you really can't see in unless you have the light on! It's meant we can have the cab window facing any direction, and are still able to get changed etc if we want to!

20. Ralph-n-Bev

Ralph-n-Bev Funster

Paragon silver screens often have sight seconds for sale . They also do a px scheme so sometimes have secondhand. They are a great family run company , and will bend over backwards to fit your needs.
    http://www.silverscreens.co.uk/Fitting Video.html

• Like Like x 1