Free Member
Jan 21, 2015
Nottingham
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2010
:)Hello everyone, Im after s bit of advise, my Bailey Motorhome has a external arial point which I believe I can plug in a external satalite dish? However inside a cupboard in my motor home where the external point comes in, there is a arial cable with a arial lug on it? Not sure what this is and if I need to plug anything into that?
Thanks in advance to anyone who can advise
Cheers. steve

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    69.1 KB · Views: 102

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
I'm only guessing but "external input" on that label might be where you plug in a lead from a static socket on a campsite.

A number of sites plumb a TV signal to each pitch, for example where TV reception is poor.

Jun 30, 2011
Barnard Castle, UK
Funster No
MH
Concorde Concerto
Exp
Since 2007
Plug your lead from the tv into the inside socket and the lead from your outside aerial into the external socket.

It works a treat with our cheapo avtex aerial, had a great signal all over so far.

Paul.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Scuba Steve

Scuba Steve

Free Member
Jan 21, 2015
Nottingham
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2010
Thanks, I originally thought that but I'm sure the dealer told me it had been pre-wired for satalite, probebly best to contact the dealer and ask them to tell me how it's all wired?
Cheers steve

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
Thanks, I originally thought that but I'm sure the dealer told me it had been pre-wired for satalite, probebly best to contact the dealer and ask them to tell me how it's all wired?
Cheers steve
It probably is pre-wired but you need a dish and a TV which takes satellite or use a separate satellite box either end, so to speak.

That little silver box in the picture may combine the signals from different sources. What is written on it?

OP
OP
Scuba Steve

Scuba Steve

Free Member
Jan 21, 2015
Nottingham
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2010
Thanks Paul, that cupboard is the other side of the mothome to the TV so it looks like I will have to find a way to hide the wires
Cheers Steve

Wickolad

Free Member
Sep 10, 2013
Wickersley
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Newbie to MH, 20yrs+ Caravanning.
The external point is used to connect either an external aerial/ sat dish or aerial feed from TV point on a super pitch if available ( sometimes provided on sites with otherwise very poor reception) whatever source you use, you will need a coax lead long enough to facilitate a connection.
The internal plug just requires a coax lead to connect either your TV or freesat box. The silver box in the corner of the cupboard looks like a splitter from your MoHo aerial and possibly from your media centre depending on set up. Trace where all 3 of those coax leads run, it maybe you can then run your internal coax lead alongside the one that leads to your tv point where you could tap in to the rear of the coax plug socket for a permanant installation. :)

wingman

Free Member
Feb 10, 2013
Romford, Essex
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt Lo-Profile
Exp
Since 2012
Yep, I'm with the rest of the guys. Difficult to see from the pic, but it looks like one bit of co-ax goes to the splitter and the white cable is for satellite. As the dealer said; it's "pre-wired for satellite" BUT, that's not the whole story!!! It's probably to facilitate wiring an external sat dish without the hassle of having to run the cable through a window (or other convenient hole).

You need to see what socket termination there is OUTSIDE the van. They are normally quite small and have a weatherproof flap over them. If it's a 'standard' terrestrial co-ax socket, then (as the lads above have said) it is for connection to an aerial point on a super pitch. If the socket termination outside is for an 'N-type' connector (like the screw-on type that goes into a Sky box), then it's to attach an external satellite dish. As said in other posts, you either need a telly that has built-in satellite capability OR a satellite receiver box. Plus, of course, a dish.

There is a dedicated Satellite Forum on MH Fun, just scroll down the subjects to find it. More info on there.
Hope this helps?

OP
OP
Scuba Steve

Scuba Steve

Free Member
Jan 21, 2015
Nottingham
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2010
Thanks for the advise from everyone, I've now managed to find out what this was and I needed to connect my TV to this point

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back