Exterior silver screens

Discussion in 'Motorhome Accessories' started by Happy Phantom, Jul 12, 2014.

1. Happy Phantom

Happy Phantom Read Only Funster

Not sure if this is right place, we have changed our van from A class to low profile, so have an external set of silver screens for sale, which fitted our Dethleffs Esprit, not sure if they would fit any other A class, but could bring them to Wrenbury next week if any one is interested, or wanted to try them.

2. Gingaboots

Gingaboots Read Only Funster

Hi there, have you still got these? Would it be possible for you to send over the dimensions if you have - looking for screens for an old school Hymer b544

Many thanks

3. Happy Phantom

Sorry for late reply have been off line, don't know where we have put the screens, had shed out etc, I note some is advertising screen for a hymer which may your best bet
    sorry

4. TheDentons

TheDentons Funster

We're looking for a set to fit a 2011 ducato. Anyone have some for sale

5. webby1

webby1 Funster

We're also thinking about getting some external screens for a 2009 Ducato........BUT I'm also aware we have a lot of other kit that "seemed a good idea at the time" So any comments good or bad are most helpful

I imagine they are great in the heat but we do have some cheap internal reflectors from Lidl that work OK.

In cold weather how good are they at keeping the heat in..............................if it rains do they end up one big soggy mess to pack away.

So any comments good or bad are most helpful

6. Happy Phantom

We thought they were great, in the winter, really kept the heat in, used to take them off in daytime, as don't like being shut it, but they were certainly worth it to us. They are easily wiped and folded away. We had fitted remis blinds, but they really make it cosy.

• Like Like x 1
  7. cruiser

cruiser Funster Life Member

anyone got some for a 1990 Talbot express coachbuilt. someone browed mine.

8. irnbru

irnbru Funster Life Member

I second easily wiped . We haven't tried them in the heat yet but for us they are great for keeping the light out, during the day just pull the middle section down and you can people watch :)

9. TerryL

TerryL Funster

If you spend most of your time in the UK, or out of the summer season get some. Of all the "would like" items we've bought they're by far the best thing we've indulged in. No more condensation and once warmed up the van stays toasty warm with little output from the heating.

10. jonsea

jonsea Funster

Hi Cruiser got a set off a K reg Kontiki wich I think is 1992 if they are any good to you John

11. Khizzie

Khizzie Funster

Got some which I bought from eBay used, thought they would fit my 2005 Peugeot boxer , they don't slightly too small ,has the fold down bit in the middle , ..will be at devizes this week if anyones interested in them or collect from Newbury.

12. cruiser

cruiser Funster Life Member

thanks a lot JONSEA. but my old girl has the lorry mirrors on it. you have the van type on yours..but thanks anyway.