Free Member
Oct 23, 2012
se london
Funster No
MH
Carthago I 47
Exp
xmas 12
Always read what is actually covered on an extended warranty, last year We took out a 3year extended warranty with a well know dealer. I did ask if the timing belt was covered, a verbal confirmation was given, however what the actual coverage is, if we have the timing belt changed and then it fails we are covered yippee, however there are more loopholes in the document than in a sieve and as the insurer said we look at all criteria,we will look at all criteria if we ever take out an extended warranty which I doubt.:cry:

RandallC

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 4, 2012
Devizes
Funster No
MH
A Class Rapido 8096
Exp
2012, prior too, 17 years Folding Camper & Caravan
Yes indeed.

Said much the same in a post on insurance policy small print. I guess if you think about it breakdown cover is only another form of insurance.

Looking at it statistically (smoke & mirrors) any insurance accident, breakdown, central heating, tele etc is expected to return a profit on the premium. On average then you would expect not to pay out more than the cost of the premium during any one period of insurance. That assumes that the probability of fault is the same for each item, which is not strictly true. Murphy's law is alive and well and sometimes s**t happens. The cost of the loss may exceed the premium by many orders of magnitude and the insurance company relies on many people taking out the cover and only a few claiming.

Which boils down too. Read the small or beware. These days the word comprehensive means something other than all included. Shocked to find on comparison website windscreen cover is now optional?????

Peter JohnsCross MH

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jan 5, 2008
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
I would have thought that a cam belt would be covered providing it fails within the manufacturers specified time period.

I am pretty certain our warranty would, if it did'nt then the warranty companies rep would be getting an earful and risk the loss of our business.

To be honest it is always best to let your dealer sort the claim out with your insurer, they have a lot more clout than you providing they can be bothered.

Peter

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back