Extend a stay gas fitting

Discussion in 'American RV's' started by Loddy, Aug 20, 2009.

1. Loddy

Loddy Read Only Funster

Hi Guys
    I have a RV with a extend a stay fitted, the end of the pig tail is a POL male I believe and will screw directly into a propane cylinder, the question is whilst abroad can you get an adapter to convert to a foreign bottle, or do you just cut off the POL and stick the pipe onto a foreign regulator, and of course another question is will the gas get through 2 regulators

Indy

2. Snowbird

Snowbird Funster Life Member

Hi, Becouse I run Spanish gas bottles,I have cut the end off my pigtail and fitted a Spanish top with a screw regulator.I dont think it is a regulator as such more a valve with an adjustable feed screw on the top.You can buy them at any Spanish hardware shop and they work OK with the US regulator.Regards,Dave.

3. scotjimland

scotjimland Funster Life Member

Hi Indy

You can get adaptors from Gaslow .. you need a Propane to Butane adaptor .. that should cover most EU bottles except the ones with clip on regulators.

and no, two regulators won't work.

hth
    jim

4. damondunc

damondunc Funster

Extenda stay

You should never cut the pol fitting off the end of an extenda stay pipe, for two reasons
    (1) the valve in the pol fitting is an excess flow device designed to shut off the flow in the event of a large gas leak. (2) the fitting is mechanically clamped at the factory and the pipe is tested to withstand the high pressure inside (especially with high ambient temperature). You need to contact gaslow or pete at CMR (gaslow agents) he carries the gaslow fitting you need.
    If you have an extenda stay fitted ALWAYS remove the flexible hose when it is not being used and place the small brass blanking plug in it's place. The valve in the pol fitting is NOT a one way shutoff valve as said above it is an excess flow device.
    Dunc.

5. Snowbird

Snowbird Funster Life Member

Hi,Sorrt about previous reply,just been out and had a look and its the BBQ pigtail thats been canibalised,The extendastay has a fitting that screws directly to a Spanish clipon top with the flow rgulator on it.It looks like a regulator but has a red plastic screw on top that you can adjust.Once again sorry for the confusion.

6. Loddy

Loddy Read Only Funster

Thanks for all the replies, I'll be contacting Gaslow soon

Indy

7. Dodgey

Dodgey Funster

Random thank you to all for this thread and answers etc to the question I was likely to need to ask but hadn't got to needing to know, ie thinking we will in time fit an extendastay!

:thumb: