Exporting to Oz and NZ & touring there for a year (1 Viewer)

Nov 14, 2009
normandy
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
16 years
my nz friends came over last year and bought an autotrail to take back but when they checked the prices , the best they could get was £20,000 . if it fits in a container then no problem and relatively cheap but if not the price rockets.

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
A friend of mine spent several months in Oz, he bought a second hand MH on arrival and sold it when he left and IIRC it cost him a lot less than some of the figures quoted here for shipping. Mind, he is a Jock and very savvy financially!
For a long stay I think this is the best way forward and supporting the vehicle shouldn't be a problem if bought locally.

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
I would also expect them to have the same requirement as the EU for a permanent address for registration and insurance.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Cossieg

Cossieg

Free Member
Jan 25, 2013
Yate for the summer!
Funster No
MH
None now
Exp
looks like Oz is too difficult so we'll try just for NZ for a year. Currently have a quote from a company to do everything that's required to get our Comanche on the road in NZ for £17000 ish. The reality if that the Comanche is probably worth about £40000, add the costs on your get £57000. Looking at the vans for sale,in NZ at the moment I reckon I should be able to get more for the van there than it's worth in UK including the costs! Getting excited!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back