Deceased RIP
Sep 5, 2011
edge of New Forest
Funster No
MH
Frankia Platin Plus
Exp
On and off since 1983
Toying with the idea of going a little further off the beaten track, have a look and tell me if my big old Geist would bottom out or graze my solar panel.......

Extreme Road

Dec 6, 2011
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Coach built Adria
Exp
Since 2007
i dont know about the outside getting marked.... but... if i were with you the inside would certainly be [STRIKE]brown[/STRIKE], marked.:Blush::Blush::Eeek:

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
neither.....delivery trucks use that road. :thumb::roflmto:

285805_1.jpg

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:
Apr 27, 2008
Eastbourne East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer low profile
Exp
Since 1972
Been on one just like that in French Alps. The road was a bit wider but the same sort of overhang and drop to the side. The overhang looked awfully low but the Rapido got under. There was a bit of a landslide part way down which was a bit worrying. It was probably on a bus route, they seem to go everywhere in France.

cmcardle75

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 8, 2012
Reading
Funster No
MH
Riot Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2012
no problem.....unwritten rule of the road, pull over for traffic coming uphill.
Looks uphill to me :ROFLMAO:

Actually, that is a written rule of the road in most of the world. In the UK Highway Code, it is section 155.

I was glad of it driving up a very narrow, congested, long and steep hill in Wales towing a large caravan with a very underpowered normally aspirated diesel minibus. 4400kg and 68bhp. If I hadn't forced everything coming downhill into various driveways and side turnings, it would have been at least a mile reversing until I could have got going again. I was flat out in first gear, and at one point, it really started slowing up...

voyagerstan

Free Member
Aug 7, 2011
torquay sometimes
Funster No
MH
library bus (ford voyager
Exp
since1976
looks like karcorham hyw through pakistan planed on doing it to india afew years ago but had problems with iran visa so on hold for now . :winky: stan

Movinon

Free Member
Feb 1, 2012
UK
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Lots
Lost the waste pipe off the underside on one bad road, lost the injectors on another. I've seen a motorhome shake itself to bits on a bad road. Not mine fortunately. Ripping the tyres to shreds is routine. They overheat with flexing and come unstuck. You can tackle really bad roads so long as you have sufficient ground clearance but it's not pleasant. You need to find the right speed for your chassis, generally 60kph, and let about a third of the air out of your tyres to help the suspension. Unfortunately truck leaf suspension isn't designed for really bad roads so expect to slowly wreck your motorhome anyway. It is certainly one way to find out how well it was built.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back