LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
Have you ever wondered why firefighters impose an exclusion zone when there is a risk of propane cylinders being involved in a fire?

just watch this video clip and remember the flames rocketing round the road were just gas cylinders
Link Removed :Eeek:

a fire in a motorhome or caravan can be just as deadly. as they say "get out and stay out" the only safe place is a long way away from a fire involving liquid gasses

FULL TIMER

Free Member
May 31, 2012
NORWICH
Funster No
MH
SELF BUILT IVECO 75E17
Exp
BEEN BUILDING THEM FOR 32 years
Have you ever wondered why firefighters impose an exclusion zone when there is a risk of propane cylinders being involved in a fire?

just watch this video clip and remember the flames rocketing round the road were just gas cylinders
Link Removed :Eeek:

a fire in a motorhome or caravan can be just as deadly. as they say "get out and stay out" the only safe place is a long way away from a fire involving liquid gasses
One reason I have no fire fighting equipment in the van, it can give you a false sense of security and I have seen a static caravan burn in seconds when I was a kid killing the occupant, in the event of a fire in motorhome / caravan the only thing you need to do is get out believe me there is not time to do anything else

cydersyd

Free Member
Deceased RIP
Jul 21, 2010
Sherborne, Dorset
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
12 years.
One reason I have no fire fighting equipment in the van, it can give you a false sense of security and I have seen a static caravan burn in seconds when I was a kid killing the occupant, in the event of a fire in motorhome / caravan the only thing you need to do is get out believe me there is not time to do anything else

As ex Fire Brigade that's the best advice I could give too.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
I think the most shocking thing in that vid is the absolute stupidity of the swan neckers who just STOP in the ouside lane to film it all..

No wonder Russian road traffic deaths are the highest in the world per head capita

Dec 28, 2011
Stokesley, North Yorks
Funster No
MH
JoaCamp75Q by Pilote
Exp
Still learning since 2010
A friend of mine recently took me to task for not having a fire extinguisher in the MH (he didn't see the one that is fitted behind the passenger seat) and I told him that if the MH set on fire that there was NO WAY I would be staying to fight the flames, just making sure everyone was out and as far away as possible. He said he would try and save his caravan. I wished him the best of luck.

Hayleylulu

Banned
Feb 17, 2008
Full timing in the van
Funster No
MH
Fiat decato
Exp
8years
The best advice I can give you is show the wife how to use it wail you get as far away as you can :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back