Its a painful weekend for the wallet here in Telford. At the end of the P'boro show our camper (Eclipse) on a '97 Iveco turbo daily demonstrated an unusual jingling noise in the engine bay. Had a look earlier this week (first chance to get under the bonnet) and alternator bearings are failing so its a new alternator. To get access to the alternator I removed the air intake hose from the turbo and discovered that the turbo bearings are b*$gered too so add a turbo to the shopping list. Now the easy way to get at the alternator is to remove the frot panel complete with headlights and indicators (two bolts, two nuts, disconnect the bonnet release cable and lights wiring) then the rad so that means new anti freeze, well it is four years old so due for replacement. Then while its all stripped down I figured I might as well fit a new cambelt and tensioners and while I'm at it a new thermostat (Eclipse has always run cool so hopefully this will help). I don't know the total cost yet as all the invoices went into the orifice for Jackie to deal with but the turbo and alternator totalled over £600 Had to go for a brand new turbo as I couldn't locate a recon unit, several places would recon mine but that would leave me with an immobile 3+ Tonne motorhome for at least three days, probably four and I just don't have the room for that. Besides which the new turbo was not that much more than the cost of reconditioning my old unit. Ah well at least it should be trouble free motoring for the next four years......................hopefully! D.