Expensive trip to Peterborough (1 Viewer)

MillieMoocher

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 18, 2015
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Kingham
Exp
40 years under canvas: Motorhome 2016 To 2020
Well what can I say....

After winning some tickets to the NEC last year, our thoughts have from time to time drifted to lusting after the Hymer DuoMobile 534 which we saw at the show.

However our MLi is only just over a year old, so we thought that yes, one year we will change it but not yet as we very much enjoy it. But like all MHs there are compromises, especially when we are travelling with our 2 greyhounds, as they fill all the available floor space.

So wandering around the show, we stray across the Travelworld stand and, larger than life, is a Duo 534 with what can only be described as shed loads of kit, including the Goldschmitt hydraulic levellers.

A semi casual conversation with one of there salesmen ended with an unbelievably good offer for the existing van in PX, as well as subsequent movement on the price and further add ons such as solar, second battery, awning, swapping existing Gaslow and so on.

Swmbo and I decided that there are no pockets in shrouds, and the deal was very attractive to us so we have now signed up for the Duo .

We collect it on 27 June, on our way down to Goodwood Festival of Speed, swap stuff over, go to FOS, then come back via Eddie Van Bitz for a Growler to be fitted.

I blame @Wombles for all this, cos if I hadn't won the NEC tickets that were kindly provided by SMC via them, we wouldn't have seen the baby Duo and might not have been so tempted today...

Big thanks to @eddievanbitz for being able to accommodate us in July, it was a real pleasure to meet you and we were grateful for the explanation of the alarm.

I'm now going to copper up and see if I can afford fish and chips for tea..

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Think it was just meant to be :giggle: Glad you got a great deal (y)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Stretto Boy

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 6, 2016
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2011
I'm not jealous : oops, my nose has just started getting longer :) Seriously, congratulations on your purchase of what looks like a fabulous motorhome. Hope you get many happy years in it.

OP
OP
MillieMoocher

MillieMoocher

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 18, 2015
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Kingham
Exp
Just wandered back with our fish and chips, looks like Travelworld have had a good day as there's now a tag axle N&B Arto showing sold - screen price earlier today was £148k!

Langtoftlad

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 12, 2011
Langtoft, South Lincs
Funster No
MH
WildAx Aurora FB [PVC]
Exp
Since 2015
Lovely to meet you two today - was that before or after doing the deal.
Look a lovely van - think Kerry Hound is casting envious glances your way.

Jun 16, 2013
Wiltshire
Funster No
MH
Low Profile Hymer CL 554
Exp
Since May 2014
Lovely looking van congratulations :)

OP
OP
MillieMoocher

MillieMoocher

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 18, 2015
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Kingham
Exp
Lovely to meet you two today - was that before or after doing the deal.
Look a lovely van - think Kerry Hound is casting envious glances your way.
And you too! We'd be very happy to look after Kerry if you want to go for a dog free wander - just let us know (y)

Steve and Denise

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2011
Spalding LINCS
Funster No
MH
A Class Carthago
Exp
Since 2008
Like yourselves we need to stop going to these shows they deplete your wallet we fell for the Hymer on Lowdhams stand and are now waiting hand over I was happy with my old van but like you say about pockets!
Well done to you and enjoy it.

eddie

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 4, 2007
Taunton Somerset
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
since 1989
Big thanks to @eddievanbitz for being able to accommodate us in July, it was a real pleasure to meet you and we were grateful for the explanation of the alarm.
It was a pleasure to meet you both, and I feel somewhat parental being involved in the "naming" process:love:

But, my lips are sealed until you make the announcement :censored:

OP
OP
MillieMoocher

MillieMoocher

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 18, 2015
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Kingham
Exp
Like yourselves we need to stop going to these shows they deplete your wallet we fell for the Hymer on Lowdhams stand and are now waiting hand over I was happy with my old van but like you say about pockets!
Well done to you and enjoy it.
Well done to you too!

Is yours the tag axle that had a sold sign appear on it, or another one?

Nov 3, 2016
Derbyshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph
Exp
Since 2016
My oh my that's a nice looking van!

We have had ours 6 months and it's 18months old so we're way off swapping but you have now cast doubt in my mind as I love looking at other ones lol

Apr 11, 2015
hull
Funster No
MH
Laika Ecovip 300
Exp
since 1988 with breaks until 2009
Congratulations on your good deal and new van. We managed to save as the garage door on the van we fell inlove with wasn't big enough phew

Nov 11, 2013
Tewkesbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer T-SL 668
Exp
March 2014
We were tempted by a new Hymer as well but the salesmans comedy trade in routine put the tin hat on any possible change.

OP
OP
MillieMoocher

MillieMoocher

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 18, 2015
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Kingham
Exp
We were tempted by a new Hymer as well but the salesmans comedy trade in routine put the tin hat on any possible change.
Have to be honest and had expected the comedy trade in offer, and that we'd walk away. But it might have been a nice way to spend half an hour drinking free coffee.

However I was more than pleasantly surprised by the offer we got*, so it was a case of damn it, I no longer had an excuse not to proceed and ended up unexpectedly doing the deal!

* the offer was 10% more than my highest expectation, which I had thought to be on the high side to start with :eek:.

GWAYGWAY

Free Member
Sep 6, 2014
Dover
Funster No
MH
Hymer ML I 580
Exp
4 years
After you gently told me what you had done, We went up to the Travelworld and blagged a visit to it.
How can I respect a man who goes off with the love of his life and only 9 months, later dumps her to go off with her younger, little sister. Loads of room in it but the garage is tiny, AND it has a dwarf with a gearstick and pedal sitting under the bonnet. Not a merc with a REAL gearbox ,but a FIAT????? It does have room for the dogs , but it has LEATHER seats that might get damaged. I will be sticking where I am.
Graham

OP
OP
MillieMoocher

MillieMoocher

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 18, 2015
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Kingham
Exp
Ah yes Graham @GWAYGWAY but don't forget you did admit to having a crush on the 580's older, more buxom sister the 620 :whistle:

KeithChesterfield

Free Member
May 20, 2015
Stand Road Chesterfield
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Since 2010
And do the dogs agree with your choice or do they think you're barking mad?

'Dogs World' magazine waits with cold nose, panting breath and wagging tail for their response.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back