Expensive month (1 Viewer)

Jul 24, 2009
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 1999
It's proving to be an expensive month with the motorhome. First the burner on the fridge failed while we were at the Peterborough motorhome show. Engineer on site replaced it and relieved us of £100 for the pleasure. Then the rear offside wheel was binding which the garage advised was the brake cable seized. I located a new cable from AL-KO, £112 + £6.50 P &P. The garage is fitting it this morning. Just had a phone call to say that now they have the hub off they have found that the wheel bearing is nearly seized solid. Another £78 + labour. Hey ho, happy days.

Forestboy

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 31, 2007
Forest of Dean
Funster No
MH
A Class Hymer B694 tag
Exp
Never mind its a nice day get the bike out.
Had 2 new tyres fitted on the S1XR yesterday.
Took 200 miles to scrub em in :rofl::rofl::whistle2:

Zigisla

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 24, 2015
Gosport, Hants
Funster No
MH
Sunlight A72
Exp
Getting better month by month.
Alarm, Solar and Inverter, thought I had an expensive month but planned for it. Then forgot the Anniversary and that cost as much again!!:eek:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
They do say things come in 3s. Hopefully thats you had yours for another while. At least you will have peace of mind for safety sake.

Gorse Hill

Free Member
Feb 2, 2013
Stretford
Funster No
MH
Burnster Ixeo IT 734
Exp
I guess you enjoy hospital food (y)
To honest Jim I nearly said an ironing board, but might not have gone down well, at least it didn't with my wife on our 25th that's why I got her the iron

OP
OP
TheTwoOfUs
Jul 24, 2009
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 1999
Picked the van up this afternoon, all jobs completed. The bill including the bearing came to £306 so the total for the month is £524. Just hope that's the end of spending for a while.

Melvin

Free Member
Jan 22, 2016
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
On & off since 1974
I hit a deer in my car 3 weeks ago £200 excess to pay , on Tuesday clipped o/s mirror with another van ,mirror exploded £250 plus fitting, and I've already booked it in for alarm fitting later this month £550 plus !
Just to make it worse both insurances are due in May also.

OP
OP
TheTwoOfUs
Jul 24, 2009
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 1999
After the repair last week I only had to drive the van about 1/4 mile back to storage. Fetched it out yesterday to get it ready for our trip to Crystal Palace CC site tomorrow but after only 3 miles there was a rumble from the same wheel that had the work done on it. Carried on the short distance to home by which time I thought that the wheel was about to come off. Rang the garage where the repairs were done and arranged to get it back in this morning. Got a phone call mid day to say that it was ready for collection. On arrival the mechanic showed me the cause of the problem. On the AL-KO chassis the rear brakes are disc with drums for the handbrake. On this wheel one of the springs that retracts the shoes on the drum brake had broken allowing them to drop.
The garage apologized and fitted new shoes and hopefully that is the end of this saga.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back