Exmouth

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by Builder147, Jul 3, 2014.

1. Builder147

Builder147 Funster

Does anybody know of any campsites in or very near Exmouth? As we need a stop over for 2 nights, also can you stop over in any of the car parks? I tried ringing "pratthayes Farm" but they are full:(. All help appreciated :Smile:.

2. simbadog

simbadog Funster

Hunters Lodge in Starcross? Just across from Exmouth on the ferry.

• Like Like x 1
  3. emmitdb

emmitdb Funster

Greetings,

We were there a couple of weeks ago on a C & CC Rally at the Rugby Club.
    East Devon County Council aren't as anti as most and there are places to park (but for a fee)
    On the prom at the far end the parking is at 90 deg. to the kerb with a wide prom that makes it poss. to park there with the rear end overhanging.
    The charge is, I believe £10 for overnight (from 6pm to 10am) with a max of 24hrs and no return within an hour.
    There is also a park behind the railway club (guess where that is???) that has the same set up.
    Forgot to mention that if you have a blue badge you can park at both for free but I don't know whether you can go beyond the 24hrs.

Just a thought. If you are a member of either of the two BIG clubs, it might be worth checking if there is a rally (and if it's full) at the Rugby Club. It has a fair No. of rally in the Union Off season.

Regards

• Like Like x 1
  4. emmitdb

emmitdb Funster

Forgot to add, you can also park up near to the harbour entrance near where the leisure cruisers leave. That is private and I think they charge £8 overnight (but more if you're bigger???) Their words, not mine.

• Like Like x 1