AdeCarr

Free Member
Jul 3, 2016
Chester
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Hi all, we are a family of five. 3 kids under 9. We have bought our first home and are all very excited.
My wife and I are both teachers so we are planning on taking full advantage this summer of the hols... If the weather looks like improving we will go to scotland if not we will be off to France!

ambulancekidd

Funster
Sep 23, 2014
Ayrshire Scotland
Funster No
MH
Swift Kon-Tiki 640
Exp
Since 1964 Gosh that makes me feel old.
:HelloThere: & welcome. This is a superb forum & help is always on hand when you need it. Hope you do get a chance to get to Scotland, its a beautiful country but, you do need the weather to be on your side. Happy motorhoming.

big map

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 8, 2009
Poole
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2009
Hi and welcome to the forum

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
Hi all, we are a family of five. 3 kids under 9. We have bought our first home and are all very excited.
My wife and I are both teachers so we are planning on taking full advantage this summer of the hols... If the weather looks like improving we will go to scotland if not we will be off to France!
Welcome! So visiting the EU with both options then? :)

You won't go wrong with either choice but there will be fewer midges in France. :) August is famously busy in France but you will find spaces, especially if you avoid the popular coastal bits. I can personally recommend Brittany, it won't be too hot although the sunshine isn't guaranteed.

But with little ones you probably don't want to do too much driving so have a look at Hull/Zeebrugge for ferry crossings. Might be a useful alternative although more expensive than the short crossings.

Nov 30, 2009
Pickering
Funster No
MH
PVC the PUG
Exp
Since 2009 with motorhomes several caravans then tents before that.
Hello and welcome from us. We too are a family of 5 but our 3 are now 21,19,19 and no longer come.
So we've downsized from a 7 birth to a PVC ! Which we love.
I'm sure you'll love your new holiday wagon. We did as a family and still do as a couple.

Jan 10, 2013
Near Uttoxeter and Crete
Funster No
MH
Warwick XL PVC
Exp
Still trucking and learning
welcome animated smiley.gif

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun