Exhaust

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by Glynn, Mar 16, 2012.

1. Glynn

Glynn Read Only Funster

Anyone know where's a good place to get exhausts for an Autotrail tag axle, the pipe exits to the side of the van.

2. Reallyretired

Reallyretired Funster

I replaced one on an entirely different van, but I think they're usualyl just the standard exhaust with an extra bit of pipe on the tail to bring it out beyond the bodywork. I would have thought almost any garage could do it.

3. spannermanwigan

spannermanwigan Read Only Funster

Yep thats correct, Bog standard exhaust with Chrome tail pipe extension.

Regards
    Steve:thumb:

4. Glynn

Glynn Read Only Funster

Thanks, just that I heard that with the Alko chassis it may be different. But thinking about it, the Alko chassis only seems to start about half way along the van. Any ideas on price ?.

5. meexi

meexi Read Only Funster

Remember that a left hand drive MH will exit on its drivers side so that the exhaust does not go into the awning/hab door. we have a problem with ours as the last owner got a bog standard Ducato exhaust and it is on the wrong side.

We looked to getting a stainless steel but have been quoted £400 we will probebly buy a standard and turn it upside down to stick out the kerb side.

6. TheBig1

TheBig1 Funster Life Member

7. Glynn

Glynn Read Only Funster

Although ours is a 2006 reg it doesn't have a cat. It just the down pipe thats gone as in pic.
    I thought all 2002 on vans had cat's ?. And looking at the rest of the system it appears that the one thats fitted is different than whats shown in catalogues i.e. it's straighter.

Attached Files:

8. TheBig1

It is of course possible if youve not owned the van from new that a previous owner had the cat taken out or it was stolen. This would leave you with a non standard straight pipe where it should of been fitted

9. Glynn

Glynn Read Only Funster

This is original, the part no off the front pipe is exactly as is shown on searches and is non cat.
    Its the silencer assembly that bothers me because it appears to have straighter pipes coming off the box than whats shown in the catalogues.

10. TheBig1

Sounds odd, but then again 2006 was the change over year from the x240 to the x250 new shape van. perhaps the parts fitted were destined for the other model? Often the parts can be the same size and will fit between different models. This avoids having to replace litteraly every part and manufacturing process