cookingfat

Free Member
Apr 25, 2010
British West Hartlepool
Funster No
Exp
brand new
1998 boxer 2.5 tdi

The final end piece of the exhaust has corroded through and dropped off.

I'm having difficulty finding a exhaust fitter to fit new one, they say the motorhome is too large.

Any suggestions in the Teesside area.

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Hi try the big boys like ATS and Kwick fit -they have big garage bays--I would go down the SS exhust route
terry

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
You could try Discount Exhaust on Boundary Road in Middlesbrough (just off the A66 near Zetland car park) - 01642 228778. If they can't do it they will probably know who can.

If it is just the very end would it be possible to fix it with a trim pipe? The end of ours corroded and I bought one of eBay like This One. To make sure it was properly attached and wouldn't drop off (which happened with a smaller one) I got an exhaust repair bandage kit and wrapped that round the joint after fitting it. It's lasted over 2 years so far.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
Great. Hope it does the job.

With our van it appeared that the original exhaust end was proud of the van side so drips had rotted it. Initially I cut the end off and put a shorter trim pipe on it - but that dropped off after a while, presumably because the screws holding the trim in position loosened.

The second trim (as per link) is longer. It still uses one or two screws (can't remember how many) to hold it in position but the extra length means it goes further back up the original pipe. Having fitted it I wrapped an exhaust bandage round the joint to prevent the screws from loosening and that did the trick.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back