Dec 4, 2012
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2011
Hi

We were planning to visit Exeter on next month's trip and read on the UK Motorhomes stopover listing that overnight parking is 'tolerated' at the Matford park and ride car park.

I emailed Exeter City Council to ask about the length of the bays in the overheight section and I got a reply saying they do not allow overnight parking in any of their car parks.

Just wondered if anyone has stayed overnight this location recently?

Paul

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
In his disclaimer, near the bottom of the page, Andy points out that LAs may change the regulations regarding overnighting. It may be worthwhile using his contact facility to tell him what the council said so that he can update the listing.

Flamenca

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 21, 2013
Europe
Funster No
MH
Hymer 564
Exp
Since 2010
I have stopped there during the day as it is handy for using the Par & Ride bus. However, there are limited number of spaces and I might be hesitant to use it overnight because of the early morning traffic noise for both the park & ride cars and also the livestock market opposite.
It might be better to consider over-nighting at the Double Locks PH but best to contact them (www.doublelocks.com/) due to the narrow and limited weight access (3T I believe).

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Easyliving

Easyliving

Free Member
Dec 4, 2012
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2011
Just a quick update on this. I've had another email from Exeter City Council which says:

"I have been advised that parking in one of the overheight bays situated just outside of the Matford Park & Ride site would be okay."

We might swing past and see what it looks like.

Paul

Reactions: GJH
OP
OP
Easyliving

Easyliving

Free Member
Dec 4, 2012
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2011
Hmmm, the bays look a bit too short for our mh too (its 7.5 metres) and what with the potential noise we might give it a miss then. Thanks for the info.

Paul

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
It might be better to consider over-nighting at the Double Locks PH but best to contact them (www.doublelocks.com/) due to the narrow and limited weight access (3T I believe).

Cracking pub and I know they will let you park there but that bridge and the very tight right then left needed is bad enough in a big car, there's no way I would attempt it in a motorhome. If you have a PVC then maybe. Not sure what the weight limit is but the width would be an issue for a lot of us as well. Shame really, it's one of the places I have to visit when I go back to Exeter, I spent more time there than I should have done growing up and I would love to take the MH there but it isn't going to happen.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back