Excellent Dutch Website for European Aires (1 Viewer)

suavecarve

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2009
Surrey/Hants
Funster No
MH
Rollerteam 685
Exp
July 09
Father in law is floating around europe somewhere and rang back back to tell me about this site Link Removed and thoroughly recmmended it.
He said it had an app so as it was free I thought i d take a peek.
Downloaded the app, not overly impressed. took a look at the website and saw that there was an extra option for paying for the App for £5.42 (I think) and contained within this upgrade was an offline map of the whole of europe with the aires.
I now had a decision to make. A pint and a half of the very best Director's real ale or an app with allegedly all the facilities on it.
I must be ill or something as i chose to make my very first financial purchase of an app.
Well the upgrade is worth every penny. 16,000 aires pinpointed on a map, most with photographs and reviews ranging from no reviews to 10+ giving an average. local facilities, costs, water dumping and water info etc, set out just like in the aires book.
Other billy bonus points gained are you dont have to download all the maps. (The UK one isnt worth it) so just France Benelux Austia Switzerland Italy and Germany for the time being.
For the more initiated there are downloads of the garmin and tomtom satnav directions and it looks like the chinese lorry one can be uploaded too. (to be confirmed by someone else though)
The sie is dead simple to use and you can rate the aires yourself helping other motorhomers to make informed judgements (about where the free ones are. Can you tell i watch my money yet ?)
The only hiccup i can see so far is when off line the photos dont seem to work all the time.
For your perusal but am glad I spent the money

Jan 22, 2013
London SE
Funster No
MH
A class Adria vision I707
Exp
since 1971
I have been using this app for a couple of years and find it excellent especially for aires around holland, as been said very cheap with a fully updatable database to keep it current, highly recommended:thumb:

Billy23

Free Member
Feb 10, 2012
On a planet...far, ....far away.
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
On and off 1995
I have this on my Ipad, after reading the good reviews here, I thought I would upgrade, pressed the button and they only want £3.99, not £5.42. Dont know why it is a different price but I will now buy it. :Smile:

Thanks for the review guys.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

BwB

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 3, 2011
Suffolk UK
Funster No
MH
Resting b'twix vans
Exp
Since 1990
€5.49 or £3.99 maybe?