Free Member
Nov 18, 2009
Bolton
Funster No
MH
hymer exsis
Exp
10 years
Tell me, just by using that title do you already know that I am talking about Orange.

All of us who use Orange mobile phones know that any phone call you make to them will be cluttered with "Orange are committed to excellent customer service". So, with that in mind.

We are heading for a trip to the Oktoberfest and Croatia (yet again). I thought it would be a good idea to check on data bundles while we are away so I can keep in touch with weather forecasts and email.

Orange have an offer of 10mb for £3 to be used during one month. Far from cheap but marginally cheaper than the 45.9 pence per MB if you don't use an "extra".

So, I bought a £3 bundle. I started out with £40 credit in my account and the web site said I would end up with £37 after the transaction had been processed. Simple enough. Did the deal and I got a text saying "you have 10MB to use within a month at a cost of £5".

I called the "Orange are committed to excellent customer service" helpline.

They told me the cost was £5. Not only that, I had bought this "extra" a year ago and paid £5 then. This meant that I ought to know that the cost is £5 and not £3.

I told them that prices and offers change over time and the web site that I used was current this very day.

I offered them the option of refunding my £5 or giving me the web site offer for £3. They were having none of it. The price is £5 and I ought to know that. No amount of telling them that the offer was on their web site or that it was illegal to advertise a rate and then charge a different one made any difference.

It became farcical, I said surely, you see a sale in a shop saying this TV was £399 and now it is £299. You decide to buy it and they charge you £399 coz it used to be £399, wouldn't you say you had been cheated. How would you feel if they said you bought one just like it last year and you paid £399 then so you have to pay £399 now?

After 20 minutes I got my £2 back. Then they started to bombard me with 56 identical messages. I had to turn my phone off to stop them.

They even had the cheek to send me a customer service survey asking me to fill in the answer to various questions on a scale of zero to ten. My zero key is now worn out.

Wyaye wires

Free Member
Sep 13, 2009
Berwickshire
Funster No
MH
A class Neisman Bischoff
Exp
since July 2009
They are the pits and after buying a data bundle from them that they did not then apply I have had a large bill from our trip to Ireland. I would not mind but I have an Orange Angel on my phone to tell me my usage when abroad:Angry:

kath

callumwa

Free Member
Jan 16, 2011
Tyne & Wear, sometimes..
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
4 yrs +, 30+ yrs motorbike touring
[HI] 10mb for £3[/HI] :Eeek:

10 mb, That will last about 5 minutes if you are lucky....., even less if you have not disabled all your auto updates on Apps or your Laptop etc.

Vodafone allow you to use your home package, your inclusive, calls data and sms for £3 a day in Europe.

"3" allow you your home package for £5 a day in Europe.
However in Ireland, Italy, Austria, Denmark and Sweden, you can use your "3" home package at ZERO charge. They hope to add more countries soon.

Europa sim, although you pay £30+ for the sim, gives you 500mb per day for €3 in 48 countries across Europe, after that you can continue surfing, but a slower speed, (still ok for email and browsing) and at no additional cost.

Just what Orange expect anyone can do with just 10mb is beyond me.........:Doh:

::bigsmile:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
bernardfeay

bernardfeay

Free Member
Nov 18, 2009
Bolton
Funster No
MH
hymer exsis
Exp
10 years
trust me, I really do leave my data connection turned off until I need it. I've paid £50 once for updating my podcasts over mobile data and I've paid a lot of money for google latitude to tell me where I was (when I already know, coz I was there).

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
why anyone would use orange as a provider these days is beyond me. had 2 phone from them on business tarrifs years ago, but they were crap then. getting out after the 12 months was absolute hell

then a few years ago a friend of mine died. as a favour i helped his widow to sort his affairs and contacted all the utilities, banks etc for her. other than eon the only majpr problem came from orange. they insisted that my now buried friend write to them with details of his own death..... i kid you not

we sent them death certificates and even solicitors letters and they tried to take a dead man to court when we closed the bank account. absolutely disgraceful company

even this week there was a piece in the news where a father of a dead teenager tried to close his sons account. orange refused, so they havent improved over the years

ditch orange. if they let you, and move to a decent phone company with respect

rainbow chasers

Free Member
Oct 30, 2009
Mid Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Various
Exp
Orange UK / Everything Everywhere

Mr Olaf Swantee Chief Executive

Email olaf.swantee@ee.co.uk

Send him a strong e-mail of complaint telling him the company's service is the pits and you want paying for your wasted time.

You won't hear a thing back. Have politely written to him regarding issues with Orange since the 4G/EE was started - never heard a thing back from him or anyone else!

To give you an idea, we had texts szaying 'you have this bonus this month' swiftly followed by ones that said you do not, they you did, then not and so on...day after day.

When I topped up (PAYG) It would get credited - and then removed staight after, then credited again, then you had nothing and had to phone orange to sort it out.

In fact yesterday, Orange called and tried to sell us contract phones again (they usually can't compete with PAYG rates This time they offered 1500 free minutes, 1000 texts and unlimited Internet...for £11 a month, so they are getting desperate! Last month they were offering 500 free minutes etc.

I reminded the other half that the service was so poor, it wouldn't be worth it - and then as if someone up there was watching - a text came through on her phone 'Received £10 credit from (me)'............I got her credit on 26 July when we were out and she had forgotten her purse - and it arrives on 12 September???

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back