LIFE MEMBER
Feb 19, 2008
Dark Side of the Moon
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2007
Somene has sent me a spreadsheet and its password protected, the author has forgotten the password.:Doh:

Any suggestions?

Popeye

Deceased RIP
Sep 5, 2011
edge of New Forest
Funster No
MH
Frankia Platin Plus
Exp
On and off since 1983
Hi Hilda, I'm assuming you wish to alter the spread sheet or the background workings if not then the password is immaterial.

I write some fairly large spreadsheets for commercial use and I have a password system whereby if I forget the password I can interrogate the spreadsheet for the answer.

Whoever sent it to you must surely do something similar if they write these things regularly.
..................:thumb:

if not I see little future in trying........:Sad:

OP
OP
ShiftZZ

ShiftZZ

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 19, 2008
Dark Side of the Moon
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2007
Hi Hilda, I'm assuming you wish to alter the spread sheet or the background workings if not then the password is immaterial.

I write some fairly large spreadsheets for commercial use and I have a password system whereby if I forget the password I can interrogate the spreadsheet for the answer.

Whoever sent it to you must surely do something similar if they write these things regularly.
..................:thumb:

if not I see little future in trying........:Sad:

Griff, its been written in such a way that your cant open it without a password.

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

me..

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
There are a load of scripts out there that do it...But none are sold from places you'd want to leave your credit card details :Eeek: I have an old one somewhere, I'll try and locate it this afternoon:thumb:

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
There are a load of scripts out there that do it...But none are sold from places you'd want to leave your credit card details :Eeek: I have an old one somewhere, I'll try and locate it this afternoon:thumb:

There's a script HERE which can be copied without giving CC details.

OP
OP
ShiftZZ

ShiftZZ

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 19, 2008
Dark Side of the Moon
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2007
Guys
Thanks for the suggestions, its not the protected cells, its the whole thing.. I cant open it without a password..

Kevc

Free Member
Feb 20, 2012
Gloucestershire
Funster No
MH
Compact Leisure vehicle
Exp
Since 2011
What you'll need is an Excel password Cracker, they are out there, but unfortunately couldn't tell you which is the best.

Good luck in the search

Kev

WynandJean

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 23, 2010
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 682
Exp
Since 2010
Is the originator able to open it on his own system without needing the password? He could then save an unpassworded copy to send you. Or has he any previous versions he could use which may not be so up to date but could be updated?

Unlikely I know but worth asking.

Wyn

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
I have an excel password cracker, pm me an email address and I will send it to you with instructions

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back