Everything went well and here it is! (1 Viewer)

Jul 4, 2016
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
V-Line 636 Sport
Firstly, thanks for all your lovely comments, I can't wait to get out there and meet everyone!

It's hard to believe back in July, I was asking beginners questions, by November ordered van at NEC and today I took delivery. The hand over was great, really very thorough. I can't praise the guys at Marquis enough!

Very rarely seen, my first pic! Date not programmed yet but 0 miles on the clock!

IMG_1156_zpsr3zezcb6.jpg

Travelling back was good, no problems at all. Only thing on my mind niggling me was whether it would fit on the drive!

I got flashed a couple of times by on coming motor homes and a couple of hand waves as well! I did wave to some passing m.homes coming the other way but got no response. I'm not very sure of the etiquette yet, I hope they weren't thinking 'idiot'!!

With help from swmbo, it fitted on the drive but i do need to cut some bushes down to get a better fit.

On the drive at home

IMG_2601_zpsv2xl29ab.jpg

IMG_2600_zpspmpcxk5p.jpg

We liked the rear lounge, plenty of space to relax and admire the views.

IMG_2602_zpsip6wqn6u.jpg

The dinette opposite the cooker we thought was handy.

IMG_2603_zpsqx5ddoqt.jpg

IMG_2604_zpsulbf7saq.jpg

IMG_2605_zps2p6ye772.jpg

First trip is Falmouth this weekend. So if anyone is in that direction, come and say hello!

Cliff

Dave K

Free Member
Mar 24, 2015
Somerset
Funster No
MH
Pilote P740C
Exp
Since 2013
Looks a lovely van Cliff, like the separate dining and lounge space, hope you have many happy travels :)

Upvote 0

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Nice. We owned the Arapaho version, same layout but a bit longer, on a tag axle. Enjoy it, we loved ours. (y)

Upvote 0

CWH

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 29, 2014
UK
Funster No
MH
WildAx PVC
Exp
From November 2013
Lovely, lovely, lovely!
When we got our first (2013) we drove back to Porthtowan from Taunton - well, Him Indoors did, I brought the car back - THEN we realised it was plated 3650 and he no longer had the licence for over 3500. Oops.
Here's wishing you the most brilliant trips in your new toy.

Upvote 0

PP Bear

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 5, 2013
Kent, UK
Funster No
MH
Auto Trail Dakota SE
Exp
Upvote 0

cornish boy

Free Member
Jul 24, 2016
Body in Hampshire, heart in Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Swift Kon Tiki 669.
Exp
not so newbie anymore - since 2016
It's hard to believe back in July, I was asking beginners questions, by November ordered van at NEC and today I took delivery. The hand over was great, really very thorough. I can't praise the guys at Marquis enough!

IMG_2600_zpspmpcxk5p.jpg

Looks fantastic, if you are anything like me, you will keep finding a reason to walk outside so you can take another quick look at it.....

We also cant praise the guys at Marquis enough, both at the handover and the aftercare since then.

I am sure you will enjoy her and visit some amazing places.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Cliffdale
Jul 4, 2016
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
V-Line 636 Sport
Thanks, anyone visiting Pentewan, give me a shout, the Ship is our local just over the hill from us.:cheers:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
Apr 11, 2015
hull
Funster No
MH
Laika Ecovip 300
Exp
since 1988 with breaks until 2009
Lovely van. same layout as our first, loved it, hope you get as muck enjoyment out of yours as we did.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

raysalaugh

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2011
Leyland
Funster No
MH
AT Delaware
Exp
since 2010
Why is it when you spend thousands on a new motorhome the dealer hands it over with an empty fuel
tank?. Twice it's happened to us 2 different dealers so they must all be alike.:(

Ray

Upvote 0

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Why is it when you spend thousands on a new motorhome the dealer hands it over with an empty fuel
tank?. Twice it's happened to us 2 different dealers so they must all be alike.:(

Ray
Ours put in 50 Euro of fuel told us if we wanted any more we would have to pay for it.:cry:

Upvote 0

suavecarve

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2009
Surrey/Hants
Funster No
MH
Rollerteam 685
Exp
July 09
That looks really really nice for a first van. Enjoy.

As for the waving, over the course of time, we have decided to wave only on a single carriageway. We started waving at Motorhomes over 6 lanes of traffic, that soon stopped, we have now dropped dual carriageways and only wave at oncoming traffic. The very high percentage of driving we do is in France and I cant help but read registration numbers of oncoming motorhomes and if the shout of "Bandit" goes up for a GB motorhome it is an extensive double wave from the wife and an elaborate wave from myself ensuring that even blind nerdherders (please note the date) have to wave back
We have noticed the French appear really moody around lunchtime and dont wave back
If they dont wave back after we have made the effort of waving at them under our "Terms of waving reference manual" (Available at a huge cost at bad bookshops everywhere) then we do slate them off behind their back and its normally "Ignorant W******s" as the preferred choice of abuse, then we breathe in and exhale and think about what wine we are going to drink that night and all is well with the world again.

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back