Rally Events calendar (1 Viewer)

May 21, 2008
Oxford
Funster No
MH
WildAx Constellation
Exp
Since 2008
It would be really helpful if those kind people organising rallies/meets could list them in the Events Calendar, so people like me who would like to go to rallies can see the whole wonderful panoply of events available to me. Also helpful to put dates in rally post title. Many thanks.

Catherine

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
I'm struggling too.. seems like some are even booked up before they come on the forum ... It is really difficult to keep on top of things unless you check on the internet constantly :( It never used to be this way.

Meets and rallies are very important to many members as a way to keep in touch with, and make new, friends.

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
It's great to have a bit more choice this year but hard to keep track of them all & some go unseen :( if they go out of Recent. Don't like to keep bumping but sometimes it's the only way. Agree that putting them on the Events Calendar helps a lot & shows any potential clashes - our confirmed meets Mello, Sunshine & BunkFest are on there but Old Bush Blues isn't as only one Funster so far nor is Upton Blues.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
It's great to have a bit more choice this year but hard to keep track of them all & some go unseen :( if they go out of Recent. Don't like to keep bumping but sometimes it's the only way. Agree that putting on the Events Calendar helps a lot & shows any potential clashes - our confirmed meets Mello, Sunshine & BunkFest are on there but Old Bush Blues isn't as only one Funster so far nor is Upton Blues.

You are doing a great job. Don't worry about keep bumping ... people's circumstances change and they may suddenly find themselves free. :)

Dave K

Free Member
Mar 24, 2015
Somerset
Funster No
MH
Pilote P740C
Exp
Since 2013
I'm struggling too.. seems like some are even booked up before they come on the forum ... It is really difficult to keep on top of things unless you check on the internet constantly :( It never used to be this way.

Meets and rallies are very important to many members as a way to keep in touch with, and make new, friends.

Same here, would like to do more but you need to be on a constant watch of the rally threads, doesn't help we both work full time either o_O

Ambilkate

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 15, 2009
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
HYMER 654
Exp
since 2006
Just a thought if someone on here has time to do it please feel free to put the Bonfire meet on and the Christmas Tinsel meet oh and the Pembrey meet as they are confirmed Rallies I would be very grateful as I just do not have the time at the moment to figure out how to xxx kind regards Kate X

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Just a thought if someone on here has time to do it please feel free to put the Bonfire meet on and the Christmas Tinsel meet oh and the Pembrey meet as they are confirmed Rallies I would be very grateful as I just do not have the time at the moment to figure out how to xxx kind regards Kate X
Hi Kate - I'm happy to add them - would just need start & finish time for each one please?

Ambilkate

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 15, 2009
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
HYMER 654
Exp
since 2006
Thankyou @Wombles x
Bonfire 3rd 4Th 5th nov
Christmas tinsel 8th 9th 10th dec
Pembrey 22nd 23rd 24th Sept
Pembrey Halloween 27th 28th 29th Oct
Malvern autumn show is 29th sept to 1st Oct havnt started thread for this event but it is going ahead

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Thankyou @Wombles x
Bonfire 3rd 4Th 5th nov
Christmas tinsel 8th 9th 10th dec
Pembrey 22nd 23rd 24th Sept
Pembrey Halloween 27th 28th 29th Oct
Malvern autumn show is 29th sept to 1st Oct havnt started thread for this event but it is going ahead
Wow that's an impressive list! (y) Good to see that there are meets/rallies right up to the end of the year as it can be a long winter... I need to put a start & finish time for each to add them to the Calendar - please can you let me know these? They can be amended at any time but need to put something to enable them to be added.

Ambilkate

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 15, 2009
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
HYMER 654
Exp
since 2006
I'm not sure on times yet sorry will have to leave it till Monday till I can find out .. Thankyou for your help @swanseajack13 maybe able to give us the time for the Pembrey meets hopefully he will see this . . I have visitors over the weekend so I won't be on here much till Monday . Thanks again
Kind regards Kate X

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
I'm not sure on times yet sorry will have to leave it till Monday till I can find out .. Thankyou for your help @swanseajack13 maybe able to give us the time for the Pembrey meets hopefully he will see this . . I have visitors over the weekend so I won't be on here much till Monday . Thanks again
Kind regards Kate X
I could put them all in now with whatever you want think as estimated arrival & departure then just change them once definite? Would just need your estimated times for each one or can leave until you have the right ones? Either way is fine :)

Last edited:

Ambilkate

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 15, 2009
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
HYMER 654
Exp
since 2006
I could put them all in now with whatever you want think as estimated arrival & departure then just change them once definite? Would just need your estimated times for each one or can leave until you have the right ones? Either way is fine :)

Hi Sorry was sorting. Amanda out for bed . If you can put 11am to start and 4 pm to finish on all meets that shod be ok for now as you say can change it laters .thankyou for sorting if for us xxx Kate x

Dec 20, 2010
birmingham
Funster No
MH
kon-tiki 669. mazda bongo
Exp
since2011
It's great to have a bit more choice this year but hard to keep track of them all & some go unseen :( if they go out of Recent. Don't like to keep bumping but sometimes it's the only way. Agree that putting them on the Events Calendar helps a lot & shows any potential clashes - our confirmed meets Mello, Sunshine & BunkFest are on there but Old Bush Blues isn't as only one Funster so far nor is Upton Blues.
I'm loosing track of all the meets as well. Tickets arrived for Malvern today, and I got two lots. I must of double booked. Will give them a phone on Monday.
Thought that I had booked Peterborough, but I had not. Old age I suppose Thats my excuse

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Hi Sorry was sorting. Amanda out for bed . If you can put 11am to start and 4 pm to finish on all meets that shod be ok for now as you say can change it laters .thankyou for sorting if for us xxx Kate x
Finally got them all on - please check them when you have a chance & let me know if any errors or amendments needed :)

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Can see how having all the meets & rallies on the Events Calendar helps - really shows up clashes too :( but great to have lots of choice this year (y)
Although we aren't arranging these I have added Retrofestival Newbury & Newark http://www.motorhomefun.co.uk/forum/threads/retrofestival.145214/ & Upton Blues http://www.motorhomefun.co.uk/forum/threads/upton-blues-festival-21-23-july-anyone-going.147309/ to the Calendar for now so these don't get missed as options - they can be amended or removed easily at any time.

Ambilkate

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 15, 2009
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
HYMER 654
Exp
since 2006
We had visitors on Saturday and then have been away till this afternoon on way home now so once home will check events out on iPad only got small iPhone 4 at mo and internet intermittent x Thankyou for sorting my rallies for me xxx

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
I can't find the Events Calendar .. where is it please?

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Thanks.
On my phone it is on the three lines symbol. Thank you.

Oh dear, sorry.

You must have better eyesight than me, I like a decent sized screen. I can cope on a 7 inch tablet but it's not as nice as a proper monitor.

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
@movan those three lines are known as the "Hamburger" When there are too many menu items to physically fit on a small screen then they appear under the "Hamburger" . Click on it and the missing items will appear under (y)

The hamburger button is a button in a graphical user interface carrying an icon consisting of three parallel horizontal lines (displayed as ☰). It is often placed in the top left or top right of a user interface and is so called for its resemblance to a hamburger. "Hamburger" menu icon example.

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
@movan those three lines are known as the "Hamburger" When there are too many menu items to physically fit on a small screen then they appear under the "Hamburger" . Click on it and the missing items will appear under (y)
Thanks Jim .. learning all the time. :) ... I will, however, simply call mine the veggieburger from now on. Thanks again.

Trixie

Funster
Deceased RIP
Apr 25, 2014
Funster No
@Wombles Can't see Chester food fest which is on over Easter. @Carol will have times etc as she is official organiser as far as I'm aware.
Thanks for doing this, you've made it a lot easier to plan ones outings

Veronica

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
@Wombles Can't see Chester food fest which is on over Easter. @Carol will have times etc as she is official organiser as far as I'm aware.
Thanks for doing this, you've made it a lot easier to plan ones outings

Veronica
Added now so hope it helps - hope that's ok @Carol - just let me know if you want it amended or deleted.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back