Even I need help now and then SPARKY (1 Viewer)

eddie

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 4, 2007
Taunton Somerset
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
since 1989
Right, Bob, it will not be the transformer. I don't know who did the mains conversion, but from memory, it all looked OK I say that because if it didn't we would have said something.

The fact that the 110v side is OK suggests a dead short somewhere else.

Could be that rat you have been trying to kill, or the Mouse that I still think you have LOL

If you don't get it sorted by Thursday I'll buy the boys bacon butties and make them work through lunch (and put it on your bill :thumb:)to get you sorted out

Cheers

Eddie

jhorsf

Free Member
May 15, 2009
DERBYSHIRE
Funster No
MH
ih oregon
Exp
A post from someone who knows the value of a customer and how to keep one happy
well done Eddie

OP
OP
slobadoberbob

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
Thank you eddie

Oh yes they do!

Eddie

As you know I was getting very frustrated with the Alarm issues I have (As do next door) threatened to go to the environmental health over the noise..:cry::cry::cry:. I some times for get to set it on button B... So the alarms are causing me a real issue... plus talking on the phone over and over has not sorted the problem... I know in my heart they were trying to save a journey to you... but to get some peace and quite for all around is what I need.... add this issue of the 230 going out on me is now a real issue as with no 230v I cannot charge the disabled scooter batteries and the Sterling seems to be cutting out part way through a charge... goes back to just greens even when NASA shows 80% charged.. so the electrics are well and truly up the creek.:Eeek:

I think Johns remarks above some up what is the issue.. but the blasted transformer is in the wardrobe (well under the force floor).. trying to balance on the crutches and looking is not possible so I need and EXPERT or someone that can get in and look at the wiring.

I am sure it must be a something simple.. but I know the simple things can be time consuming and expensive... But hey got to get it sorted.. of to France first week of June.. no 230 means no scooters, means no trip. :Angry:

So any help Eddie would be appreciated.. but we do need to get this alarm sorted I am getting g grief from Sue, the neighbours and now the local authority... I do not need it.

See you Thursday morning.

Regards

Bob:thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

chrisgreen

Funster
Jul 26, 2009
england
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
since 2004

Attachments

• rat.jpg
    rat.jpg
    53.9 KB · Views: 5
OP
OP
slobadoberbob

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
No Eddie not the RAT - again

Right, Bob, it will not be the transformer. I don't know who did the mains conversion, but from memory, it all looked OK I say that because if it didn't we would have said something.

The fact that the 110v side is OK suggests a dead short somewhere else.

Could be that rat you have been trying to kill, or the Mouse that I still think you have LOL

If you don't get it sorted by Thursday I'll buy the boys bacon butties and make them work through lunch (and put it on your bill :thumb:)to get you sorted out

Cheers

Eddie

Yes I will pay for the butties and the workshop time... all said and done it is a job... As you say you would have said something about the issues of wiring at one of the visits I have made to you. Like you spotted that issue with the old back up camera.

It was working fine at Peterborough and up at Duncans when we had the chassis service and the mOT done after the show.... Just went when Sue plugged in the hover to get rid of the mud we gained from Peterborough.

Bob

OP
OP
slobadoberbob

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
I think you are right John

Bob, if its anything like mine the 230v cable simply loops into and out of the 110v transformer providing power to the transformer as it passes through......could get the same result by putting a 3 pin plug on the transformer and plugging into a 230v socket.

could possibly be a neutral earth fault after the transformer.

until you plug something in there is no current being passed through any wire.
basically the leccy is present in the live wire but stagnant.

the neutral effectively becomes a return live when something is plugged in so plug an item in and the current is flowing to earth rather than neutral return.
the house breaker (RCD) is sensing the difference between live and neutral (which should be equal current in both) so should trip.

if all 230v sockets are on the same breaker then plugging into one will make all neutrals effectively live so the fault could be anywhere in the 230v circuit AFTER the transformer.

I think you are right John...

The wiring was done by Dreams.. right enough said... the 12v lights (road) lights we had to have re done as they left live wires hanging down (several) and somehow wired the high level brake lights in to the indicators.. so we had red and also orange flashing light.. a real mess.

They also did the 230/110 transformer.

I have had Sue take a photo and I had a 30 seconds (most I can balance where the cupboard is) look and boy there is some serious wires in there... I can see the silver transformer and a round 6 point joiner box with wires in and out which I suspect is where the 230 splits from the 230 that goes in tot he transformer to get the 110v side... so it is between there the RDC switch and the 230v wire circuit... as nothing is plugged in and the RCD is in the off position the 110v works.. as soon as the RCD is lifted the system trips.. so as you say it is in the 230v system.. perhaps a loose wire.

I certainly cannot do it.... I tried local electricians.. no one will either touch it or is booked up for weeks.. I am just not able (disability stops me.. I really hate that).. so I am hoping Eddie will be able to have a look and spot something. But my alarms are first... I have been told if the council get another report I will be get a summons... do not need that.:cry::cry::cry:

Bob

chrisgreen

Funster
Jul 26, 2009
england
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
since 2004
I think you are right John...

The wiring was done by Dreams.. right enough said... the 12v lights (road) lights we had to have re done as they left live wires hanging down (several) and somehow wired the high level brake lights in to the indicators.. so we had red and also orange flashing light.. a real mess.

They also did the 230/110 transformer.

I have had Sue take a photo and I had a 30 seconds (most I can balance where the cupboard is) look and boy there is some serious wires in there... I can see the silver transformer and a round 6 point joiner box with wires in and out which I suspect is where the 230 splits from the 230 that goes in tot he transformer to get the 110v side... so it is between there the RDC switch and the 230v wire circuit... as nothing is plugged in and the RCD is in the off position the 110v works.. as soon as the RCD is lifted the system trips.. so as you say it is in the 230v system.. perhaps a loose wire.

I certainly cannot do it.... I tried local electricians.. no one will either touch it or is booked up for weeks.. I am just not able (disability stops me.. I really hate that).. so I am hoping Eddie will be able to have a look and spot something. But my alarms are first... I have been told if the council get another report I will be get a summons... do not need that.:cry::cry::cry:

Bob
i just dont understand! it must be an american thing?:ROFLMAO:

eddie

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 4, 2007
Taunton Somerset
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
since 1989
i just dont understand! it must be an american thing?:ROFLMAO:

Bob trying to help you is a frustrating thing indeed. I have said that we will sort out your mains electrical problem for you and now everyone thinks that they will get a Court Summons with every alarm system:Doh:Buy one a get one soasto speak!

Something is triggering your internal sensor, the internal sensor that has been fine, since installed, some three? years ago.

If you arm it in the night mode it is fine and doesn't cause you, Sue or your neighbours any grief. Also to be fair you were booked in earlier this month but postponed your appointment.

It could very well be rodent damage to the 220VAC side of the wiring. This is far more common than some people think.

I have suffered it to the extent of circa £2K in a van that I took to Corsica.
The RV was two weeks old when we went and the buggers got in from the trees, into the AC unit and into the AC ducting.

This eventually took out the AC and the domestic heating and a number of other wires and cables. I was rather angry but found a nest so let them all go at the top of the orchard (don't tell me wife)

See you on Thursday

Eddie

chrisgreen

Funster
Jul 26, 2009
england
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
since 2004
i recon the rat is to blame! after being driven all the way to peterborough,and sitting in a damp rv all weekend,the rat has desided to get its own back,and is chewing its way slowly through bobs rv.:ROFLMAO:
you realy must sort your rat problem out first bob:ROFLMAO:

OP
OP
slobadoberbob

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
See you Thursday.. no rat I hope

Bob trying to help you is a frustrating thing indeed. I have said that we will sort out your mains electrical problem for you and now everyone thinks that they will get a Court Summons with every alarm system:Doh:Buy one a get one soasto speak!

Something is triggering your internal sensor, the internal sensor that has been fine, since installed, some three? years ago.

If you arm it in the night mode it is fine and doesn't cause you, Sue or your neighbours any grief. Also to be fair you were booked in earlier this month but postponed your appointment.

It could very well be rodent damage to the 220VAC side of the wiring. This is far more common than some people think.

I have suffered it to the extent of circa £2K in a van that I took to Corsica.
The RV was two weeks old when we went and the buggers got in from the trees, into the AC unit and into the AC ducting.

This eventually took out the AC and the domestic heating and a number of other wires and cables. I was rather angry but found a nest so let them all go at the top of the orchard (don't tell me wife)

See you on Thursday

Eddie

What you say is true Eddie... re changing the date.. was hoping to combine it with the Shepton show.. but no other MHF member wanted to go... So got a date which was available for you to see what is causing the issues.

I am in your hands Eddie... you do not by any chance have a device to get rid of neighbours like a stun device????? boy does he moan about the RV.

I am sure you will find out what is causing me to get frustrated.
At least I can say it works... and no one in there right mind would try and nick it.:Blush:

I am not having a go at you Eddie.. just my frustrations.... I am always sing your praise as you know .. you see some good gear.

Bob:Eeek:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back