Free Member
Nov 22, 2007
East Riding of Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido, 999M.
Exp
18+yrs plus 25+Towing
They do. And it will not stop until the Governments BOTH side of "La Manche" "Grow some". and get a grip of the Social Vermin causing the issue.

I have commented before both here and on other media. That is is very suspicious that 98% of those trying to enter the UK illegally are young fighting age men. If you dig on the `net` beyond the "official" news feeds, these are the same "refugees" causing violent mayhem in parts of Germany. Something never broadcast in "Mainstream Media!.

Pete

PeteH

Free Member
Nov 22, 2007
East Riding of Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido, 999M.
Exp
18+yrs plus 25+Towing
Yes I would think the ferries and the tunnel both have their share

They do. And it will not stop until the Governments BOTH side of "La Manche" "Grow some". and get a grip of the Social Vermin causing the issue.

I have commented before both here and on other media. That is is very suspicious that 98% of those trying to enter the UK illegally are young fighting age men. If you dig on the `net` beyond the "official" news feeds, these are the same "refugees" causing violent mayhem in parts of Germany. Something never broadcast in "Mainstream Media!.

Pete

John & Joan

Free Member
Mar 30, 2010
Darlington
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
10 years this time
The thing that slightly annoys me is the impression that some people try and give that it's only ever the tunnel that has a problem and the ferries are never ever affected which is obvious rubbish.

When I hear people say that they won't "risk" the tunnel anymore because of all the "hassle" and announce that they will use the Dover - Calais ferry instead I have to stop myself from pointing out how ridiculous they are. It does make me laugh.
Hi NickNic
I prefer the ferry and Joan liked the tunnel trip we made. I feel more rested on the ferry. We were looking at the tunnel for the trip later this month but decided to go by ferry again.

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
Hi NickNic
I prefer the ferry and Joan liked the tunnel trip we made. I feel more rested on the ferry. We were looking at the tunnel for the trip later this month but decided to go by ferry again.

Wasn't aimed at anyone in particular John and I think you may have missed my point which was the inconsistency of people who refuse to use the tunnel specifically because they claim to be worried about the problems at Calais but then happily use the ferry to Calais.

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
It was when the Calais port authorities increased security and clamped down on illegals trying to get on ferries that they moved to the tunnel..

but with the increased security at the tunnel they will probably move again.. Dunkirk, or further afield.. Dieppe has also had problems.

Said it before.. I don't care who is to blame or what the perceptions are.. had enough of it in July..
we won't be using either Dover ferry or tunnel again until it is sorted..

If we boycotted all Dover - Calais crossings, including the tunnel.. the French authorities would soon get their act together

I don't expect that to be any time soon..

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jul 29, 2014
Norfolk and Correze, France
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin
Exp
Had one for 5 years many moons ago. Now starting again.
Just looked at Eurotunnel travel info and there's delay at both ends:

• Latest Travel Information

• For customers travelling today via our UK Terminal
    Our passenger service is currently operating with some timetable disruption, this is due to an earlier incident on the Tunnel which has now been resolved. There is a waiting time of approximately 30 minutes on the terminal.
    We sincerely apologise for the inconvenience this will cause to your journey.
    For customers travelling today via our French Terminal
    Our passenger service is currently operating with some timetable disruption, this is due to an earlier incident on the Tunnel which has now been resolved. There is a waiting time of approximately 60 minutes on the terminal.

This information is also available via our 24 hour (recorded) service information on +44 (0) 8444 63 00 00. (Calls cost up to 7p/min + your phone company's access charge )
    Last update: 02/11/2015 - 09:57 (GMT +1hr)

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Is it me or is that message posted up daily more or less as a just in case !!
Seems it is the same no matter what day / time is involved !

Jan 3, 2008
Pakefield, Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK
Funster No
MH
Looking
Exp
Just looked at Eurotunnel travel info and there's delay at both ends:

Our passenger service is currently operating with some timetable disruption, this is due to an earlier incident on the Tunnel which has now been resolved. There is a waiting time of approximately 30 minutes on the terminal.
    Our passenger service is currently operating with some timetable disruption, this is due to an earlier incident on the Tunnel which has now been resolved. There is a waiting time of approximately 60 minutes on the terminal.

This information is also available via our 24 hour (recorded) service information on +44 (0) 8444 63 00 00. (Calls cost up to 7p/min + your phone company's access charge )
    Last update: 02/11/2015 - 09:57 (GMT +1hr)

Strange isn't it, I would have thought the migrants would not bother in Sunday's as there are fewer lorries travelling. We had no problems at at yesterday morning. In future we are going to time our return journey to mid afternoon on. Sunday, if there are any incidents they should be sorted by then, I think most incidents seem to take place late evening or night.

Jan 3, 2008
Funster No
MH
Looking
Exp
Is it me or is that message posted up daily more or less as a just in case !!
Seems it is the same no matter what day / time is involved !

I checked the website daily when we were away for a month and only saw the message two or three times that I remember, certainly not daily and the delay times were not always the same, once services were totally suspended and other times the length of delay was different. So I think it's you.

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Spose its just a perception thing with me.. As I do not check it I only see it on here.. And of course the only time reports are of use is when that message shows.. !

Jul 29, 2014
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin
Exp
Delays this morning but they say it's their own fault today:

Our passenger service is currently operating with some timetable disruption, this is due to unplanned essential maintenance work in the Tunnel. There is a waiting time of approximately 60 minutes on the terminal.
    Our passenger service is currently operating with some timetable disruption, this is due to unplanned essential maintenance work in the Tunnel. There is a waiting time of approximately 90 minutes on the terminal.

Last update: 03/11/2015 - 07:30 (GMT +1hr)

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
I checked the website daily when we were away for a month and only saw the message two or three times that I remember, certainly not daily and the delay times were not always the same, once services were totally suspended and other times the length of delay was different. So I think it's you.

In last 2 weeks it has been on there 11 times.

Jan 3, 2008
Funster No
MH
Looking
Exp
In last 2 weeks it has been on there 11 times.
Depending of course on what time of day you check and how many times a day, you may, or may not see the message. There will be no message when a matter has been resolved. I didn't check constantly every hour, I usually checked teatime so I suppose I missed earlier messages which had been removed.

Better to make a return booking for the afternoon then☺️

Jul 29, 2014
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin
Exp
As we will be on a train Sunday morning I have been checking regularly and this morning there's a problem:

Our passenger service is currently operating with some timetable disruption, this is due to an incident in the Tunnel which is in the process of being resolved. There is a waiting time of approximately 60 minutes on the terminal.
    Our passenger service is currently operating with some timetable disruption, this is due to a technical fault�in the Tunnel which is in the process of being resolved. There is a waiting time of approximately 30 minutes on the terminal.

Last update: 06/11/2015 - 09:46 (GMT +1hr)

Jan 3, 2008
Funster No
MH
Looking
Exp
As we will be on a train Sunday morning I have been checking regularly and this morning there's a problem:

Our passenger service is currently operating with some timetable disruption, this is due to an incident in the Tunnel which is in the process of being resolved. There is a waiting time of approximately 60 minutes on the terminal.
    Our passenger service is currently operating with some timetable disruption, this is due to a technical fault�in the Tunnel which is in the process of being resolved. There is a waiting time of approximately 30 minutes on the terminal.

Last update: 06/11/2015 - 09:46 (GMT +1hr)

I think most of these problems are clearing in a day or even s few hours so by Sunday you should be ok. If not you're just going to have to have a coffee and read the paper for a while. They say 60 mins delay so just relax And go with the flow.

KeithChesterfield

Free Member
May 20, 2015
Stand Road Chesterfield
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Since 2010
An hours delay at Eurotunnel should be of little worry - you'll still get over in less time than the Ferries.

And if gale force winds from Abigail are raging in the Channel you'll not need the sick bags that will be used by Ferry passengers.

Ferry 1.jpg

Jul 29, 2014
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin
Exp
If you believe what they say it's now a longer delay and technical this time.

Our passenger service is currently operating with some timetable disruption, this is due to a technical fault�in the Tunnel which is in the process of being resolved. There is a waiting time of approximately 2 hours on the terminal.
    Our passenger service is currently operating with some timetable disruption, this is due to a technical fault�in the Tunnel which is in the process of being resolved. There is a waiting time of approximately 60 minutes on the terminal.

Last update: 06/11/2015 - 11:43 (GMT +1hr)

OP
OP
scousebird

scousebird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 18, 2012
South East Kent
Funster No
MH
Bailey
Exp
March 2012
Latest Travel Information
Folkestone terminal:
Our passenger service is temporarily suspended due to a technical fault�in the Tunnel which is in the process of being resolved. We regret that we are currently unable to sell tickets to non reserved customers. This information will be updated as soon as the service resumes.
Calais terminal:
Our passenger service is temporarily suspended due to a technical fault�in the Tunnel which is in the process of being resolved. We regret that we are currently unable to sell tickets to non reserved customers. This information will be updated as soon as the service resumes.

Last Updated 18/10/2016 - 15:05 (GMT +1hr)

Important travel information Tuesday 18th October 15:00
Due to a Tunnel power supply problem our service is temporarily suspended. Please delay your journey if possible by amending your ticket online or calling our Contact Centre on +44 (0) 3457 35 35 35. If you still wish to travel, please be advised that long delays can be expected. A transfer to a ferry may be available, please plan to check-in on time.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back