LIFE MEMBER
Mar 8, 2009
Poole
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2009
if you want an answer best stick it in the post with a stamp on....
I have been emailing since August with 28 days response on first 7 days on 2nd and 3rd and subsequent emails. Hannah is now emailing by return.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
I have been emailing since August with 28 days response on first 7 days on 2nd and 3rd and subsequent emails. Hannah is now emailing by return.

fair enough, all good..... but a letter carry's more weight

Feb 9, 2008
Corby, Northants
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Since 2007
Yes you do. In fact mine has just hit the account today for crossing in August.
OK that's good to know. I was delayed by 2 hours with DFDS last December and it was only after I looked online a few months later that I realised I had the same rights as air passengers. I informed DFDS and after forcing the issue got half my fare refunded by cheque. I should have been informed there and then when I made the crossing and offered a free hot drink and a meal but they said nowt. I think there attitude is you have to seek it to get it.

Jul 29, 2014
Norfolk and Correze, France
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin
Exp
Had one for 5 years many moons ago. Now starting again.
My daily check on the tunnel shows this:

For customers travelling today via our UK Terminal
Our passenger service is currently operating with some timetable disruption, this is due to an earlier incident in the Terminal which has now been resolved. There is a waiting time of approximately 60 minutes on the terminal.
We sincerely apologise for the inconvenience this will cause to your journey.
For customers travelling today via our French Terminal
Our passenger service is currently operating with some timetable disruption, this is due to an earlier incident in the Terminal which has now been resolved. There is a waiting time of approximately 2 and a half hours on the terminal.
We sincerely apologise for the inconvenience this will cause to your journey.

Apr 22, 2013
Cotswolds
Funster No
MH
Bailey Approach 625
Exp
Since 2011
Daily Check? What happened to yesterdays?

I can tell you what happen to use yesterday so some direct experience.
We stayed overnight at Boulogne and were booked on the 9:50 train. Hoping for an earlier train we left Boulogne at 8am having checked the mobile for any messages. Approaching the tunnel turn off A text arrived to say there were delays but no details. On arriving at the check-in there was a queue of 5 to 6 vehicles at each of the three open lanes. The signs were saying "Service Suspended" At first we thought they weren't moving the then spotted that very occasionally one moved but those passing through then promptly turned right and left by a slip road marked exit and come back out of the tunnel complex.

When we reached the front of the queue there was a further delay as the guy was listening to an intercom announcement, it was in French but Linda picked up "3 hour delay". We were then offered the choice of "a minimum of 3 hour delays or a ticket on the 9:45 ferry", we choose the wait and were given our boarding letter hanger. Our hanger was timed at 8:48.
We headed for the terminal and breakfast. The signs at the terminal were saying you will be loaded in letter order. We made a pot of tea and started on our croissants. On pouring my second cuppa I noticed the MH next to us moving off, checked the sign all letters were saying proceed. Wedged the mug in the sink with all the rubbish from breakfast and set off. Saw no one until the holding lanes were a nice Irish guy came out to check the gas, only the second time out of 10 trips this has happened in Calais. Showed him the small valve from the fixed tank and got a "Brilliant!" in return. He added go to lane 6, as we drove up lane 6 it started moving, we followed and didn't stop until we were on the train. I asked the guy who parks us on the train what train it was he said 9:50. Thats was the train we were booked on and it left on time.

The result we were happy bunnies having rejected the ferry, I guess we were an hour up the motorway before those ferry travelers were leaving the port. The reason given for the delay was "Intruder on the French platforms".

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
had a similar experience this summer on way home..Settling in for a long wait, kettle on in car park and we got called...

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
At Folkestone terminal and I'm amazed at how quiet it is. I was expecting queues because it's half term.

We're on a train 2 hours earlier than our scheduled one.

Mel

Free Member
Oct 6, 2012
De Haan Belgium
Funster No
MH
Caravan LMC
Exp
Since 2010 Caravan since 1995
had a similar experience this summer on way home..Settling in for a long wait, kettle on in car park and we got called...

What did they call you Eddie ?
Sorry couldn't resist:)

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
We've checked in on our way home and I'm sorry to have to report that there isn't a single migrant in sight anywhere, there are no delays, in fact we're several hours early again. Once again we've had no problems at all, there wasn't even a queue at Pet Passport.

I'm really pleased that lots of people won't use the tunnel at the moment because "of all the hassle." I think you should all continue to not use it, it makes it much quicker for the rest of us

:D:D:D

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
We've checked in on our way home and I'm sorry to have to report that there isn't a single migrant in sight anywhere, there are no delays, in fact we're several hours early again. Once again we've had no problems at all, there wasn't even a queue at Pet Passport.

I'm really pleased that lots of people won't use the tunnel at the moment because "of all the hassle." I think you should all continue to not use it, it makes it much quicker for the rest of us

:D:D:D

Sorry not good enough! Can't you make something up? Here you go I'll help.

"We were almost pulled from the cab, surounded by a band of desperate axe/knife wealding brigands with scarves covering their identity. Dog howling, wife screaming we had to do a U turn to escape with our lives!:(

They had a big pot on a fire by side of the road! Why don't thepolice shoot them!?!? DO SOMETHING!!!! we were going to die!!!! I fear the intention was to add some veg and cook us alive. Or maybe slay us first halal stylee...

When we reached the UK we fell to the ground and kissed it..hope onlookers werent scared, thinking we were praying!

Looking forward to next trip in December":)

Jan 3, 2008
Pakefield, Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK
Funster No
MH
Looking
Exp

"We were almost pulled from the cab, surounded by a band of desperate axe/knife wealding brigands with scarves covering their identity. Dog howling, wife screaming we had to do a U turn to escape with our lives.

They had a big pot on a fire by side of the road! Why don't thd police shoot them!?!? we were going to die!!!! I fear the intention was to add some veg and cook us slive. Or maybe slay us first halal stylee... When we reached the UK we feel to the ground and kissed it..hope onlookers werent scared, thinking we were praying!

Looking forward to next trip in December:)
Peale are genuinely scared whether they should be or not is another matter. I was approached here in France yesterday by an elderly lady who was really frightened and wanted to be sure we were staying overnight and was asking if we had hear of migrant problems. The fact is She was really concerned and whether she has reason to be or not.

I don't think taking the p out of people's fears, albeit perhaps unfounded is really helpful to anyone. There is a migrant problem, that's undeniable each of us perceives it differently.

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User

"We were almost pulled from the cab, surounded by a band of desperate axe/knife wealding brigands with scarves covering their identity. Dog howling, wife screaming we had to do a U turn to escape with our lives!:(

They had a big pot on a fire by side of the road! Why don't thepolice shoot them!?!? DO SOMETHING!!!! we were going to die!!!! I fear the intention was to add some veg and cook us alive. Or maybe slay us first halal stylee...

When we reached the UK we fell to the ground and kissed it..hope onlookers werent scared, thinking we were praying!

Looking forward to next trip in December":)

Sorry, I'll do better next time.

On our next trip I'll make sure we're gassed, robbed and trip over in a puddle of someone else's grey water before we're attacked and hijacked by desperate brigands on the way home. I think they may force us at machete point to take them to Basingstoke. (y):D

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...

On our next trip I'll make sure we're gassed, robbed and trip over in a puddle of someone else's grey water before we're attacked and hijacked by desperate brigands on the way home. I think they may force us at machete point to take them to Basingstoke. (y):D

Let's hope you live to tell the tale...:D

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
NickNic, you are obviously not trying hard enough.. if you had even an inkling you would not find any migrants at Calais, it is your duty to the Maily Drawl readers every where you bring some with you

sedge

Funster
Jul 7, 2009
Nr Jct 3 M6
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Aug 09 to date 9,000 miles!

Oh come on! - only your torso will be in the grey water - your face should - obviously! - land in where they emptied their cassette!

You haven't been paying ANY attention at all, have you?

Jan 3, 2008
Pakefield, Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK
Funster No
MH
Looking
Exp
Just checked in. No sign of migrants precious little traffic on roads. Pet check in area has moved to bigger building just past the old one on the right, slight delay at passport control though but only 10/15 mins.

Last edited:

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
There is a migrant problem, that's undeniable each of us perceives it differently.
indeed.. some even try to paddle to the UK

Attachments

• motorhome migrants.jpeg
    motorhome migrants.jpeg
    36.1 KB · Views: 33
D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
The thing that slightly annoys me is the impression that some people try and give that it's only ever the tunnel that has a problem and the ferries are never ever affected which is obvious rubbish.

When I hear people say that they won't "risk" the tunnel anymore because of all the "hassle" and announce that they will use the Dover - Calais ferry instead I have to stop myself from pointing out how ridiculous they are. It does make me laugh.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back