South East Kent
Funster No
MH
Bailey
Exp
March 2012
Latest Travel Information

• For customers travelling today via our UK Terminal
    Our passenger service is currently operating with some timetable disruption, this is due to an incident in the Tunnel which is in the process of being resolved. There is a waiting time of approximately 2 and a half hours on the terminal.
    We sincerely apologise for the inconvenience this will cause to your journey.
    For customers travelling today via our French Terminal
    Our passenger service is currently operating with some timetable disruption, this is due to an earlier incident on the Tunnel which has now been resolved. There is a waiting time of approximately 2 hours on the terminal. We regret that we are currently unable to sell tickets to non reserved customers.

This information is also available via our 24 hour (recorded) service information on +44 (0) 8444 63 00 00. (Calls cost up to 7p/min + your phone company's access charge )
    Last update: 03/10/2015 - 16:20 (GMT +1hr)

Apr 19, 2008
Kent coast Hythe
Funster No
MH
Rapido fiat based
Exp
brought first van 16 yrs ago
Refugee definition, a person who flees for refuge or safety, especially to a foreign country, as in time of political upheaval, war

migrant
a person that travels to a different country or place, often in order to find work: The cities are full of migrants looking for work.›

immigrant
immigrant meaning, a person who has come to a different country in order to live there permanently:

Not to digress from the main thread post but are we talking about the same group of people whom are trying to avoid the astronomical prices set by the tunnel.(y)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
I started this thread for information only in the hope of helping fellow funsters that may be on their way to Folkestone/Dover not as a discussion thread that may end up in the belly locker and therefore help no one!

Well there are a hardcore who cannot resist a racist bigoted rant...please stay on topic and keep your rancid opinions to yourselves

Nov 25, 2013
kent
Funster No
MH
Swift Kontiki 669
Exp
Since April 2013
And just how many of these guilty of assault and trespass onto the rail way were arrested I wonder!

OP
OP
scousebird

scousebird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 18, 2012
South East Kent
Funster No
MH
Bailey
Exp
March 2012
It's getting better

Our passenger service is currently operating with some timetable disruption, this is due to an earlier incident on the Tunnel which has now been resolved. There is a waiting time of approximately 30 minutes on the terminal.
    Our passenger service is currently operating with some timetable disruption, this is due to an earlier incident on the Tunnel which has now been resolved. There is a waiting time of approximately 2 hours on the terminal. We regret that we are currently unable to sell tickets to non reserved customers.

This information is also available via our 24 hour (recorded) service information on +44 (0) 8444 63 00 00. (Calls cost up to 7p/min + your phone company's access charge )
    Last update: 03/10/2015 - 17:57 (GMT +1hr)

Gorse Hill

Free Member
Feb 2, 2013
Stretford
Funster No
MH
Burnster Ixeo IT 734
Exp
Well there are a hardcore who cannot resist a racist bigoted rant...please stay on topic and keep your rancid opinions to yourselves
Where did you see a racist comment, an opinion is different from a racist remark
People are sometimes scared of having an opinion because some people like to call it a racist remark, how sad

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
If I was the French I would shut the tunnel to prevent the brits getting out:D

Where did you see a racist comment, an opinion is different from a racist remark
People are sometimes scared of having an opinion because some people like to call it a racist remark, how sad
So you find comments like catching them all in a net and dumping in the sea acceptable...and worse has been said on here. If I wanted this sort of nonsense I would go to a ukip social...

Last edited:
Reactions: DBK
Oct 5, 2012
Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
Carado T132
Exp
5 years, feel free to ask me about the Carado!!
I have little time personally for those fit young men who would damage fences and assault Eurotunnel staff and police by throwing stones at them. They are hardly demonstrating why they deserve the UK to welcome them as future citizens. I think they should be dealt with severely, water cannon and tear gas and batons if needed. But France is a safe country and so are others they travelled through to get to Calais so being at Calais is a choice they have made. I understand they want to get to the UK as they view it as the best place for them but again it's a choice, not a desperate bid for safety. However, you are absolutely right, some of the banter on this and other threads has been disgraceful, not worthy of a so called civilised society. I would echo your sentiments and hope this "banter" stops.
You forgot the rubber bullets........

OP
OP
scousebird

scousebird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 18, 2012
South East Kent
Funster No
MH
Bailey
Exp
March 2012
FOR INFORMATION ONLY

UK side OK now

Our passenger service is currently operating to schedule with up to 2 departures per hour. We wish you a pleasant crossing with Eurotunnel Le Shuttle.

Last update: 03/10/2015 - 18:28 (GMT +1hr)

Gorse Hill

Free Member
Feb 2, 2013
Stretford
Funster No
MH
Burnster Ixeo IT 734
Exp
If I was the French I would shut the tunnel to prevent the brits getting out:D

If I wanted bigktrey I would go down local hobo pub...I don't wan

So you find comments like catching them all in a net and dumping in the sea acceptable...and worse has been said on here. If I wanted this sort of nonesense I would go to a ukip social...
Probably not a nice comment but Still not a racist comment as you said, and why is UKIP racist, just because you don't agree doesn't mean there racist
It seems Everything you don't agree with seems to be a racist remark rather than an unpleasant remark

Jan 3, 2008
Pakefield, Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK
Funster No
MH
Looking
Exp
I started this thread for information only in the hope of helping fellow funsters that may be on their way to Folkestone/Dover not as a discussion thread that may end up in the belly locker and therefore help no one!

It was good well intentioned information thank you, There was little chance of it developing in any other way than it has, but thanks anyway

R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
Thank you @scousebird for posting this valuable and timely information today. If you hadn't, we would have experienced hours of delays. I very much regret that some 'Funsters' thought it appropriate and necessary to smear the post with their poisonous bile. I hope that you won't be put off posting this info again.

OP
OP
scousebird

scousebird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 18, 2012
South East Kent
Funster No
MH
Bailey
Exp
March 2012
Services suspended again

Our passenger service is temporarily suspended due to a breach of our terminal boundaries. We regret that we are currently unable to sell tickets to non reserved customers. This information will be updated as soon as the service resumes.
    Our passenger service is temporarily suspended due to a breach of our terminal boundaries. This information will be updated as soon as the service resumes.

Last update: 19/10/2015 - 08:48 (GMT +1hr)

big map

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 8, 2009
Poole
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2009
Because of the recent activity I would be tempted to book an afternoon crossing because by then they should have cleared any overnight problems.

Apr 27, 2008
Eastbourne East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer low profile
Exp
Since 1972
Going over on P&O ferries tomorrow (booze cruise). I avoided the tunnel because the problems seem so frequent, and it's so expensive too.
The ferry is costing me £30 return + 6 bottles of wine (they give me the wine, not the other way round), special offer. Luckily living where I do I can miss the M20 as well.

Jul 29, 2014
Norfolk and Correze, France
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin
Exp
Had one for 5 years many moons ago. Now starting again.
We are travelling this Saturday - albeit by car - on the tunnel. So I have been watching the travel info bit on their website on a very regular basis. I see today's suspension is now over and it's a 30 minute delay at the UK end.
Three days ago I sent them an email as follows:

As a Frequent Traveller ticket holder and long standing user of Eurotunnel I am becoming increasingly concerned at the delays at both ends of the tunnel.

Almost every day when I check the travel info on your site I am warned of delays at one end or the other or both. This can be anything from 30 minutes to 3 hours and sometimes even more. The cause is rarely accurately given but we can presume that the vast majority are caused by illegal immigrants.

I can see that it is the authorities job to protect the boundary fences etc., but I fail to see why your company do not have permanent personnel in place at the actual tunnel entrances and constant CCTV coverage and human patrols along the trains.

You are getting a reputation now for blaming anyone but yourselves for the problem and it's resolution.

Like an enormous number of people I will be considering other routes and carriers if I do not see an obvious attempt on your behalf to look after your customers.

It is time that legal steps were taken to recompense for delays as is done in the air industry. No doubt the usual platitudes will be brought out but it is time for action not words.

So far no response at all other than the automatic received your email one.
I'm not holding my breath.
Have to say I am further peed off that the phone line to get the latest travel info is not a freephone number but charged at 7p a minute. That's how to look after your customers.

Feb 9, 2008
Corby, Northants
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Since 2007
If this kind of disruption continues and I think it will. I can see the ferry companies pushing up their prices as more and more disgruntled passengers switch from the tunnel to the channel.

sdc77

Free Member
Jan 28, 2013
Weardale, Co Durham
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
since 2011
Well.... we travel late evening normal and have avoided any issues at all luckily. It's going to have to be a big disruption to stop me using the tunnel. Even if I was delayed for an hour it's quicker and less hassle than a ferry. And my understanding is the ferry port approach gets it much worse. (Don't know cause we don't use the ferry)

Feb 9, 2008
Corby, Northants
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Since 2007
Well.... we travel late evening normal and have avoided any issues at all luckily. It's going to have to be a big disruption to stop me using the tunnel. Even if I was delayed for an hour it's quicker and less hassle than a ferry. And my understanding is the ferry port approach gets it much worse. (Don't know cause we don't use the ferry)
As you drive towards the ferry port (Calais) the motorway splits the Ferry traffic. HGV's are directed off to the right and Car's Coaches and Motorhomes continue straight on. I believe the problem with migrants trying to board HGV's happens after they have been diverted along this road and whilst earlier this year we saw the jungle and a lot of it's migrants we did not see any migrants on or near the road into to port itself. (For what it's worth we stayed overnight in City Europe and saw no migrants there either.
We will continue to use Dover Calais until we are advised by the authorities not to or judge the risk to our safety to high and at that point switch to Dunkerque.
It does need sorting out though, the migrants are getting more organised on their attempted breeches of security and are becoming more aggressive, Which is understandable if their repeatedly released by the French after attempted break in's to the port area. A message needs to be sent that attempted break in's will not be tolerated.

OP
OP
scousebird

scousebird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 18, 2012
South East Kent
Funster No
MH
Bailey
Exp
March 2012

• Latest Travel Information

Our passenger service is currently operating with up to 2 departures per hour. There is currently no waiting time before check-in, however due to an earlier incident in the Terminal which has now been resolved, there is a waiting time of approximately 30 minutes on the terminal.
    Our passenger service is currently operating with some timetable disruption, this is due to an earlier incident in the Terminal which has now been resolved. There is a waiting time of approximately 30 minutes on the terminal.

Last update: 19/10/2015 - 16:28 (GMT +1hr)

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
We are travelling this Saturday - albeit by car - on the tunnel. So I have been watching the travel info bit on their website on a very regular basis. I see today's suspension is now over and it's a 30 minute delay at the UK end.
Three days ago I sent them an email as follows:

As a Frequent Traveller ticket holder and long standing user of Eurotunnel I am becoming increasingly concerned at the delays at both ends of the tunnel.

Almost every day when I check the travel info on your site I am warned of delays at one end or the other or both. This can be anything from 30 minutes to 3 hours and sometimes even more. The cause is rarely accurately given but we can presume that the vast majority are caused by illegal immigrants.

I can see that it is the authorities job to protect the boundary fences etc., but I fail to see why your company do not have permanent personnel in place at the actual tunnel entrances and constant CCTV coverage and human patrols along the trains.

You are getting a reputation now for blaming anyone but yourselves for the problem and it's resolution.

Like an enormous number of people I will be considering other routes and carriers if I do not see an obvious attempt on your behalf to look after your customers.

It is time that legal steps were taken to recompense for delays as is done in the air industry. No doubt the usual platitudes will be brought out but it is time for action not words.

So far no response at all other than the automatic received your email one.
I'm not holding my breath.
Have to say I am further peed off that the phone line to get the latest travel info is not a freephone number but charged at 7p a minute. That's how to look after your customers.

if you want an answer best stick it in the post with a stamp on....

Feb 9, 2008
Corby, Northants
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Since 2007
Do you get compensation for delays on the tunnel ? You do on the channel crossings.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back