Eurotunnel any trouble? (1 Viewer)

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Really, and how many videos have you see of people being gassed?

I am, nor others, scaremongering, just be aware and take precautions. Personally I wouldn’t stay anywhere near Calais. Common sense should see a smooth transit. Certainly hasn’t put me off, but forewarned is forearmed.

Brian
And how many videos have we seen of any motorhome having any trouble with migrants or anything else associated with useing the tunnel , only problem we had was this side with the ridiculas stack!
We went on the first round of strikes , two hours late getting there other than that nothing , came back hour early for no extra charge , stayed on cite Europe the night before coming home loads of migrants about but also guards with dogs , again not a problem.

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
It's part of a transport network. There are always going to be delays on occasion, migrants in Calais or not. To say "I'm not going to use it again because I might be delayed" is like saying you won't use motorways because there might be a traffic jam on the M6. Not aimed at anyone in particular, I just don't understand the thinking.

Not that I really care, we'll carry on using it for every trip. As long as we have dogs I won't be using ferries.

C

Chockswahay

Deleted User
@NickNic I think you are missing the point....... we are simply saying that we are not prepared to take the risk. It IS still a fact that delays and 'grief' are a possibility whilst this situation is ongoing.

For what it's worth my son who went to France a couple of months ago had the same decision to make.......... he chose the Newhaven-Dieppe ferry instead.......... on that occasion the delays were massive......... therefore his decision was vindicated (y)

No one on here is saying 'don't' use the ferries.......... just that some of us elect not to :)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

C

Chockswahay

Deleted User
chocksaway

What's the risk?

colyboy

Read my post again ;) The delays are a very real risk and maybe (maybe) the only real risk. However I just don't like the idea if inviting the chance.

As for any grief at the French end, only when you are being over run by immigrants will you recognise that particular risk

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Read my post again ;) The delays are a very real risk and maybe (maybe) the only real risk. However I just don't like the idea if inviting the chance.

As for any grief at the French end, only when you are being over run by immigrants will you recognise that particular risk

Your choice, not knocking it but you are putting out bad vibes that don't exist for others who might be thinking of going, migrants are NOT going to over run you, what are they going to gain by it, obviously they are not going to get through the check in on board your mh , and as to delays they are mostly down to the stack thing at this end , which you can get stuck in on motorways going anywhere.

C

Chockswahay

Deleted User
t you are putting out bad vibes that don't exist for others who might be thinking of going

I'm doing no such thing :mad: I was asked what is the risk and I have given my answer. If you and others wish to take a chance, feel free to do so :rolleyes:

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
@NickNic I think you are missing the point....... we are simply saying that we are not prepared to take the risk. It IS still a fact that delays and 'grief' are a possibility whilst this situation is ongoing.

I'm not missing any point. If you are not prepared to travel anywhere where there is the risk of a delay unless you walk everywhere you won't ever go anywhere.

You're just as likely to be held up for 6 hours on whatever motorway you use the most as you are to be delayed at the tunnel or a ferry port.

C

Chockswahay

Deleted User
I give up :mad: you win

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
Your choice, not knocking it but you are putting out bad vibes that don't exist for others who might be thinking of going, migrants are NOT going to over run you, what are they going to gain by it, obviously they are not going to get through the check in on board your mh , and as to delays they are mostly down to the stack thing at this end , which you can get stuck in on motorways going anywhere.

more bad vibes the better! having difficulty getting a weekend booking to go see some vans in Belgium due to the popularity.

want delays stick with the boats!

Jul 29, 2014
Norfolk and Correze, France
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin
Exp
Had one for 5 years many moons ago. Now starting again.
In forty years of crossing the channel by boats, trains and planes I have invariably found far more delays on the way back but only once I have arrived in our green and pleasant land.(n)
Mostly involving either the M25 or the Dartford Crossing or both.:(
I can do the 9 hour journey from SW France to the ports easily quite often in 8 hours but the drive from Dover/Fokestone to home which should be a max of two and a half hours is often four or more.:eek:
As for risks, well they start the moment you open your front door and step outside. But I take lots of them every day.:whistle:

Steve101uk

Free Member
Jun 6, 2012
EUROPEAN UNION
Funster No
MH
Pilote G740 C
Exp
since 2007 caravan before that
I'm doing no such thing :mad: I was asked what is the risk and I have given my answer. If you and others wish to take a chance, feel free to do so :rolleyes:
I am with chaser, this is bad vibes as there are no accounts anywhere of motor homes or cars being overrun or any type of serious problems to motorhomers other than the odd delay. I have been on the tunnel twice this year and off again next weekend. I think it is a real shame when people are preparing to travel are scared off when it is unnecessary. Common sense and simple precautions just as you would anywhere.

whats we need here are facts please not speculation then we can make informed decisions

Forestboy

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 31, 2007
Forest of Dean
Funster No
MH
A Class Hymer B694 tag
Exp
Most delays I've ever experienced involve poxy planes and shitty airports I'd happily never fly again in fact nowadays it's only if no other alternative.
As for Calais / Dover being dangerous nonsense, we still stay on Calais aire for the best fish n chips with the French n Germans n Dutch.
Funny how they're not frightened off the Bogeymen.
Anyway each to their own though I'm leaving Nuremburg tomorrow for the next leg to Croatia. Less chance of getting robbed in Calais than bloody Austria be a miracle if I cross for less than 200 euro.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back