Eurotunnel - 6.7% increase in cost for pets

Discussion in 'Continental Touring' started by Minxy Girl, Dec 27, 2013.

1. Minxy Girl

Minxy Girl Funster Life Member

Eurotunnel now have next year's crossings available for booking, however the prices have gone up as you would expect of course for the crossings, but also for the pets.

The cost of pets has gone up by 6.7% ... it was £15 per dog each way (£30 return) which I always though is extortionate anyway, it's now gone up to £16 per dog each way (£32 return ), so for 3 dogs, instead of £90 it's £96 ... £6 on the bill. :Angry: The only saving grace is that as we don't have to post off the vouchers now we've saved £6.22 on RM Special Delivery! :RollEyes:

I've just made a booking for crossings going out in June returning in July (38 days) for £71 each way (£142 return) at sensible times on a weekday but it has only actually cost an extra £7 'cash' as I've used a Tesco voucher for most of it :Smile:... I wish I could do the same for the dogs' costs though! :cry:

2. Brightspark

Brightspark Funster

It is an absolute rip off. We came through the tunnel in November & going back in February & when I booked I asked them what do I get for £15 each way. The advisor said nothing going out as there are no checks but coming back the dogs chip & passport needs to be checked !

3. Xabia

Xabia Funster

I must admit that 'sometimes' I forget that the dog is with us, always remember on the way back though. :Rofl1::Rofl1:

Mike