Eurotunnel – and feeling proper poorly. (1 Viewer)

KeithChesterfield

Free Member
May 20, 2015
Stand Road Chesterfield
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Since 2010
We are booked on a mid-day train to France tomorrow, Thursday, but over the last two days both SWMBO and me have developed colds – coughing, hacking, being sick and generally not at all well and we both feel as rough as a 40 grit sandpaper.

At our times of life the cold probably isn't going to get any better for a few days and possibly for the full week we were going away.

Cancelling the trip seems the way forward but I don't want to lose the money we've spent on the tickets if there's another option.

Is it possible to defer the booking until some time next year and, if so, has anyone done it?

And which number should I ring to talk to Eurotunnel to try and sort it out?

One other possible problem is that, for the first time ever, we booking the crossing through the Caravan Club (it was cheaper) and might it be better to ring them as well?

Any help appreciated.

:france: :france: :france: :france:

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
When Charlie was taken into hospital a few weeks ago we had the same problem, due to go to Christmas markets. Rang eurotunnel and was told it could be taken anytime within a year of booking. We didn't know when we would be able to go and a very nice lady found us a crossing in the spring at the same price with an option to change it again at a later date. Just have to pay if it's a more expensive crossing.

Don't know if this option is open if you use Tesco or CC vouchers.

Sorry, this is Julie.

Oct 30, 2010
Suffolk or France or ........
Funster No
MH
A Class Carthago Chic
Exp
Since 2008
I think, from reading previous threads, that you have to change bookings via the CC rather than direct with Euro Tunnel.
I'm sure a quick phone call to the tunnel will confirm though.

Get well soon both of you, we need more of your video's. :xThumb::xgrin:

Richard.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jun 22, 2011
Onchan, Isle of Man
Funster No
MH
Carthago
Exp
Since Nov 2010 after 25 yrs under canvas.
I was taken ill the week before going to France in June. I am now recovering from major surgery. We need to use the ticket before some time in April, so going to France in late March.

scousebird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 18, 2012
South East Kent
Funster No
MH
Bailey
Exp
March 2012
Hope you get your crossing deferred and more importantly I hope you feel better soon. This lurgy seems to be getting a lot of people.

Xabia

Free Member
Jan 20, 2011
Rural Nottinghamshire and Spain
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 1996
I always book direct with Eurotunnel and can change the booking as many times as I need to (obviously within the year limitation) free of charge as you are given a password to enable you to do that.

Used to go via the CC but they charged for any alterations.

Emmit

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
Jan.2014
But, they won't just let you defer the crossing.
Whatever you paid for the crossing will be credited to your new crossing and you just know the price for the 'new' crossing will be more expensive.

Forestboy

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 31, 2007
Forest of Dean
Funster No
MH
A Class Hymer B694 tag
Exp
Whatever you paid for the crossing will be credited to your new crossing and you just know the price for the 'new' crossing will be more expensive.

Not always we've had to defer a crossing twice this year and not had to pay any extra when we have retrieved it, you only pay the difference if your new booking is more expensive than the original.
One thing to remember if you are going to defer it must be done within 24 hours of your departure time or you lose it.:xThumb:

OP
OP
KeithChesterfield

KeithChesterfield

Free Member
May 20, 2015
Stand Road Chesterfield
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Since 2010
Thanks for all your helpful replies.

I've rebooked through the CC Site for March next year.

The crossing price is the same but there is a £20 booking alteration fee payable to the CC.

Which means it would have been just as cheap to book direct with Eurotunnel, admittedly not everyone is going to alter their booking, who would have altered my booking time after time if needed without any charge.

Again, thanks and sorted.

Where's the paracetamol?

Do you remember that malt extract, many years ago, in a jar that we were given to make us better?

Where is it when you want some?

mikebeaches

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 22, 2010
Bristol
Funster No
MH
Rapido V68 Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2009

The crossing price is the same but there is a £20 booking alteration fee payable to the CC.

Which means it would have been just as cheap to book direct with Eurotunnel, admittedly not everyone is going to alter their booking, who would have altered my booking time after time if needed without any charge.

Where's the paracetamol?

Do you remember that malt extract, many years ago, in a jar that we were given to make us better?

Thanks for the update and glad you have been able to reschedule your booking.

Hope you will both soon be feeling better. We both went through it all in late November and hope it doesn't return this winter - it's horrible and can take a while to recover fully!

I always like to deal directly with Eurotunnel, because it's so easy to change bookings. Don't know if they are contactable 24/7, but I'm sure they have longer opening hours than the Caravan Club. And I think the Club are a tad cheeky charging £20 to change, when it's a health-related reason. They are supposed to be a club that supports their members. Anyway, it so easy dealing directly with Eurotunnel and it doesn't matter what reason you want to change or how many times - no admin fees.

Feb 25, 2013
Staffs
Funster No
MH
A big white thing ???
Exp
3 yrs, (tenting and tugging before)

Not necessarily. As we didn't know our actual date of travel she just found us one at the same price with a view to changing it again later.

Oct 2, 2014
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido 866f
Exp
Since 2014
Interesting the Caravan Club have pocketed £20 themselves as presumably they didn't incur a charge from the Eurotunnel people. I doubt the CC provide this booking service out of the goodness of their hearts, they will have had commission on the original booking.

May 23, 2012
Anglesey
Funster No
MH
Rapido 666f
Exp
Interesting the Caravan Club have pocketed £20 themselves as presumably they didn't incur a charge from the Eurotunnel people. I doubt the CC provide this booking service out of the goodness of their hearts, they will have had commission on the original booking.
Cant understand how the CC have the brains to do this when they don't charge a deposit on site bookings. They could make a lot more money and stop people booking up all the good sites if they charged a deposit on booking.

RitaG

Free Member
Jan 26, 2016
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Kon-Tiki 635
Exp

Where's the paracetamol?

You can find the Malt Extract at Holland & Barrett.

Just getting over the lurge myself so hope you feel better soon.

TJBi

Free Member
Jul 26, 2014
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2014
You can find the Malt Extract at Holland & Barrett.

Just getting over the lurge myself so hope you feel better soon.

Always get my single malt extract in a bottle - much more practical than a jar.
:D

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back