Eurosport - got my money back (1 Viewer)

Riverbankannie

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 11, 2016
Bristol
Funster No
MH
IH 630 RL PVC
Exp
I signed up for a year on 31st Jan for their one year offer at a reduced price. I checked that I had 14 days to cancel with the condition being I did not download any programmes. We watch Eurosport a lot usually on Sky so I knew we would want to keep access.
When the deal was done with Sky at the last minute, I no longer required the subscription and I had not downloaded any programmes.

I emailed customer "service" about 5 times over 3 days stating I wished to cancel but got the reply that I had ticked the T&C box so I had agreed that I could not cancel.

Not going to let that go.....I emailed back with a copy of the template letter (completed) downloaded from Citizen's Advice Bureau about cancelling services bought online.

Return email....they have "exceptionally" (my quotes) refunded my money.
Result.

Mar 16, 2010
Carmarthenshire
Funster No
MH
In between
Exp
Since 1988
I signed up for a year on 31st Jan for their one year offer at a reduced price. I checked that I had 14 days to cancel with the condition being I did not download any programmes. We watch Eurosport a lot usually on Sky so I knew we would want to keep access.
When the deal was done with Sky at the last minute, I no longer required the subscription and I had not downloaded any programmes.

I emailed customer "service" about 5 times over 3 days stating I wished to cancel but got the reply that I had ticked the T&C box so I had agreed that I could not cancel.

Not going to let that go.....I emailed back with a copy of the template letter (completed) downloaded from Citizen's Advice Bureau about cancelling services bought online.

Return email....they have "exceptionally" (my quotes) refunded my money.
Result.
Good for you ...I also got a refund today for some dining chairs that had been reduced again before ours were delivered .
Girl power or what:boxing:

Mother Ship

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 21, 2011
Jersey
Funster No
MH
Pilote 626D
Exp
Since 1986
Well done to both of you but doesn't it just show that we always have to be watchful and that in @Riverbankannies case that the first approach is always a refusal quoting enough official garbage to put people off to take it further and quote correct official facts back to them. What annoys/frustrates me is everything we do nowadays is so time consuming just to get what we are rightfully entitled to. Rant over!!!!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back