Euros......... (1 Viewer)

Charlie

Free Member
May 16, 2015
Herefordshire / Worcestershire borders .
Funster No
MH
Auto Sleeper Kemerton.
Exp
Im a newbie
Really daft question.. We go away in just over two weeks so have to order some Euros.

Is it easy to get coins as well as notes ? Would like a pile in the designated container ready for toll roads.. Wife seems to think we may have a problem getting coins. Me I haven't a clue .

Cheers .

Apr 22, 2013
Cotswolds
Funster No
MH
Bailey Approach 625
Exp
Since 2011
That's the difference, NW & Halifax Clary don't apply charges, Tesco it's 3.75%, which is typical of most cards.
Mastercard rate is slightly better but not enough to worry about.

To be pedantic the Halifax Clarity card is a Mastercard.

Upvote 0
Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
we are still carrying an unused (unuseable) Caxton card, loaded with some of Bevs money luckily :)

tried it at a card only fuel stop and an aire entry barrier, both failed

the aire would have been the first we have paid for anyway, we moved onto another, the fuel was getting more serious, but we made a 'proper' fuel stop and paid with good old cash

already said, but for us cash is king even if a little risky, never had it refused yet, but Sweden next year, we will have to see

I read somewhere above you now have a safe, take cash (y)

that said, it might have been nice not to have to find another aire, just because the Caxton or our CC's weren't recognised and there cash was not an option

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Charlie

Charlie

Free Member
May 16, 2015
Herefordshire / Worcestershire borders .
Funster No
MH
Auto Sleeper Kemerton.
Exp
Im a newbie
we are still carrying an unused (unuseable) Caxton card, loaded with some of Bevs money luckily :)

tried it at a card only fuel stop and an aire entry barrier, both failed

the aire would have been the first we have paid for anyway, we moved onto another, the fuel was getting more serious, but we made a 'proper' fuel stop and paid with good old cash

already said, but for us cash is king even if a little risky, never had it refused yet, but Sweden next year, we will have to see

I read somewhere above you now have a safe, take cash (y)

that said, it might have been nice not to have to find another aire, just because the Caxton or our CC's weren't recognised and there cash was not an option

We will of course take some cash.

Yes I have installed a safe which is for our important documents and for stashing some cash but I would prefer to keep the cash to a reasonable level.

With this being our first trip over in Europe we have no real idea how much money we will need for a month or more.

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back