Euros exchange and use update (1 Viewer)

Moodybrook

Free Member
Jul 7, 2013
Wet and cold place outside of M25
Funster No
MH
4 wheels and a pointy end
Exp
still in nappies
I found this and thought it was useful but I bet some of you amazing people can blow it out of the water(y) I thought with all the negative vibes about the Euro, now, would be a good time to buy ??

Broken Link Removed

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
And the US $ is getting stronger at the moment.. Quite handy for me as I have a few of them tucked away ..

Bertie Bassett

Free Member
Jul 25, 2014
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 1988
I found this and thought it was useful but I bet some of you amazing people can blow it out of the water(y) I thought with all the negative vibes about the Euro, now, would be a good time to buy ??

Broken Link Removed

Good link Moody thanks. As well as getting a better rate M&S Credit card holders get 56 days no interest when buying currency.(y) Not the best rate available by about Euro 1.50 but we use it regularly.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Bobndebs McKay

Free Member
Jul 15, 2014
Bali for the Winter!! Back in Feb 2016
Funster No
MH
Hobby 750 FMSE
Exp
5 months travelling Through France, Spain, Portugal, Germany and Holland as a Full timer in our firs
I have a bank account here in Berlin and regularly transfer money from my UK Account using Transfer Wise, as do a large number of the blokes I work with. Cannot beat their exchange rates and they are always prompt. I also exchange for family and friends when they visit this way, they put cash into my UK Account and I simply transfer it here, giving it to them in € when they arrive. Todays actual rate (what you actually end up with is €1.2746 at the moment).
It is worth knowing about if you have a € account anywhere.

Jul 5, 2013
Tunbridge Wells, Tunbridge Wells, UK
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2013
I have used Travelex the last couple of times and the rate is very good IF you book and pay on line and arrange to collect at the port/airport/tunnel. They have places for pickup almost everywhere you are likely to leave the country - I have used then at Heathrow (for US dollars) and tunnel terminal (for Euros), and I couldn't find anybody on line to beat them.

However if you just turn up at one of their places without pre-booking the rates are truly awful, so that should be avoided at all costs.

The best rate I ever got for dollars was at the small currency exchange in Covent Garden, London. Can't remember the name, but turned up with cash (got from a bank machine around the corner) and got an unbeatable deal. Subsidised by the rates they were charging the gullible American tourists who were queuing to change their dollars into pounds. Mind you it is only worth it if you happen to be in the area at the time, as I was.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

treetops1

Free Member
Feb 25, 2013
yorkshire/ lincolnshire.
Funster No
MH
Sold last van-
Exp
a long time,since 1996
Hi Used a FAIRFX card for a long time now, good rates only charge is if you use a cash machine .all purchases fuel ,shopping ect cost nothing .I think the cash machine costs 2.5 euro .I put a grand on at a time which i think gives a slightly better rate and saves you having to carry too much cash which these days is not a bad thing.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back