euros best deal

Discussion in 'Continental Touring' started by vana, Jan 28, 2012.

1. vana

vana

Hi
    Could anyone advise on obtaining euros abroad,we use Nationwide Flex card
    as a rule,:Blush: as we dont like the idea of carrying large amounts with us and prefer to use a ATM. We will be away for 8 weeks. approx,:Smile:

Regards Vana :thumb:

2. Brisey

Brisey Funster Life Member

We use a Caxton currency card, you pre load it with Euros and then use it like a debit card. We have used ours in shops, supermarkets and garages in France, Italy and Belgium without any problems. It is however not accepted by the motorway toll booths. It works well for us.

http://www.caxtonfx.com/

Brisey.

3. steveclecy

steveclecy Read Only Funster

Very good unbiased UP TO DATE advice here from Martin Lewis, the Moneysaving Expert.

Steve

4. bobandjanie

bobandjanie Funster Life Member

Another good card to load with euros at any time and use an ATM to withdraw cash is http://www.fairfx.com/ Jane :Smile:

5. jaygee

jaygee Funster

On our 3 month trip away last year I used my Nationwide credit card for anything I could - fuel, food, eating out etc as it gives a good exchange rate and no charges for using abroad, I then just transfered money over from our Nationwide flex account. To get cash I used my Nationwide flex account which do charge a fee but give a very good rate and I decided I was happy with this as it was convenient. We have several Nationwide accounts, a joint one and two single accounts. I take all 3 cards and keep 2 in the safe incase of lost or stolen cards, as well as a card from anither account.
    I just withdrew 300E and got 1.196 and £6 total in fees.
    However I have to say on first sight the Caxton card does look quite good so will be investigating that for our next trip!

6. bobandjanie

bobandjanie Funster Life Member

Hi, agree there, the Nationwide Credit Card is a really good one to have, use ours all the time for purchases. Have the Saga credit card in hand just in case. Jane :Smile:

7. vana

vana

euro best deal

Thank you all good advice we will look at the options:thumb: