European Tour 2008 - First Blog Entry

Discussion in 'Continental Touring' started by EricOnTour2, Jun 30, 2008.

1. EricOnTour2

EricOnTour2 Deleted User

Hi all,

As some of you may remember I posted on here about our 6 month European Tour coming up. We've now made it to France and have been here almost a week.

I've updated my Blog 1 Motorhome, 2 Lads, 1 massive trip, hope it makes interesting reading!

(Mods, is this in the correct section? Sorry if not.)

Hope all is well in England, France is boiling at the moment, sun burnt already. :Doh:

Take Care
    James and Mike (and Eric)

2. dylan

dylan Read Only Funster

Good luck, look forward to reading your blog when you update. :thumb: Been to many war graves there and never fail to move me. The first one I went to and started reading along and there was one where the soldier came from just a few miles from where I lived in England. Always found moving little stories in the visitors book too.
    Eileen

3. Brisey

Brisey Funster Life Member

Hi Guys

I enjoyed reading your blog and also your photos. Please keep us informed of further updates.
    Safe traveling
    Brisey

4. Jim

Jim Ringleader

Excellent, keep them coming:thumb::thumb:

5. EricOnTour2

EricOnTour2 Deleted User

We are now in Madrid, super hot. I have some updates but we´re really struggling to find WiFi anywhere! We can´t even get it in Macdonalds.

We are parked outside Madrid, at the train station in El Escorial which is another perfect location.

Hope all is well in the UK.

6. theboadacea

theboadacea Read Only Funster

Cool blog, consider yourself bookmarked!

9 days in each country - wow, all your pictures are going to be in motion? :Eeek: When on earth will you get time to relax?

I would probably do half as many countries, with double the time in each and go back each year to do a couple more as you already have the motorhome anyway :BigGrin:

Keep it up, we'll keep reading :BigGrin:

7. EricOnTour2

EricOnTour2 Deleted User

Thanks for the comments. So far we've been relaxing quite a bit on the coast of Portugal, the weather has been so great to us so far. When we drive we seem to covering good distances, so we can relax a little when we reach our destination.

Here are some more updates, I'm sorry they are all coming at once but I've been struggling to find WiFi, but I have now. I appear to be using this blog just as a space to write my thoughts, so I'm sorry for that, I will try and make it more motorhoming related on my next blog.

Entry 1: 1 Motorhome, 2 Lads, 1 massive trip: Friday 27th June: Paris, Fouras, Mortagne-Sur-Gironde

Entry 2: 1 Motorhome, 2 Lads, 1 massive trip: 1st July - Nightmare Day, Mimizan

Entry 3: 1 Motorhome, 2 Lads, 1 massive trip: 4th July - Biarritz

Entry 4: 1 Motorhome, 2 Lads, 1 massive trip: Saturday 5th July - Pamplona, San Fermin Festival

Sorry there is so much writing, I don't expect you to read it all... :Blush:

But I hope you enjoy reading what you do read, and as I said I will try and make it more MH related in my next few entries.

James :thumb:

8. Red Sonja

Red Sonja Funster

James
    Excellent keep it coming. You could always turn it all into a book at the end. Very entertaining - really felt for you on the sand. Enjoy yourself and take care. I wonder if it was Jim and Jan (Scotjimland) who wyou came across at the aire in Mimizan as its a favourite of his.
    Sonja

9. A and K

A and K Read Only Funster

We're really enjoying reading your blog James.Great photos too.We've also saved the names of the two aires you used (Fouras/Mortagne-Sur-Gironde) as they look good ones to use when in the La Rochelle and Royan area :thumb:
    We look forward to reading the next instalment :Smile:

10. Galway

Galway Read Only Funster

James and Mike (and Eric)

Thank you for you great report.
    Have visited Fouras, Mortagne-sur- Gironde.
    Also stayed in Aire in Mimizan.

Hope you kept updating your blog.
    What are you using for internet?
    Do you use internet cafe?

I thing Fouras is probably one of our favorite places in France. Did you do the nature walk. All the wild birds and otters and allsorts of wild life.

Not to worry that it is not motorhome related.
    We love anything about travel.

11. EricOnTour2

EricOnTour2 Deleted User

Here are two more entries, not sure I will have too much to write about over the coming weeks. Will be mostly just sitting on the beach!

New Entry 1: 1 Motorhome, 2 Lads, 1 massive trip: 9th July - Madrid

New Entry 2: 1 Motorhome, 2 Lads, 1 massive trip: 13th July - Portugal's West Coast

Hope you enjoy.

Thanks Sonja, glad you're enjoying. Yes it probably was them you mentioned, they were indeed from Scotland! I had no idea they posted on here! Thanks for the comments. :Smile:

Thanks A & K, glad you enjoy it. Yes, definately visit both those Aires. They are both well worth visiting. M-S-G is beautiful, but quite small whereas Fouras is much larger so could take a few days to properly explore. Both fantastic Aires though. If you find a pair of brown trousers and a white belt in Mortagne-sur-Gironde, they are mine. :cry:

Thanks to you too for the comments, it means a lot that people are enjoying what I'm writing. I have my laptop with me, so I connect whereever I see WiFi advertised - in this case a Campsite in Praia de Luz, the Algarve called Turiscampo. 3 Euros for one day.

We did indeed do the nature walk in Fouras, although we cycled it so we probably missed a lot of the nature! It was a nice way to spend half the day though, and the nice weather helped.

12. A and K

A and K Read Only Funster

Once again, good to read.It looks really hot out there. Enjoy!! :Smile:

13. EricOnTour2

EricOnTour2 Deleted User

14. Red Sonja

Red Sonja Funster

James and Mike
    Nice to see you are enjoying yourself. I am really envious. Take care and safe driving. I look forward to the next installment.
    Sonja

15. EricOnTour2

EricOnTour2 Deleted User

Hello all,

In Barcelona now, all well. Weather has been unbearable these last few days.

Parking the MH has been so easy, especially in Portugal and Spain (the two places we thought we´d struggle!)

Today we are parked up in pretty much the centre of Barcelona without hassle, it´s so easy over here.

We´ve ran out of gas which is a pain, we underestimated how quickly our bottle would empty so now we have to find gas and a foreign regulator - Doh!

No blog update for now, not had much time or inspiration to write recently, but will update it soon enough.

Hope all is well in the lovely UK.
    James

16. EricOnTour2

EricOnTour2 Deleted User

17. EricOnTour2

EricOnTour2 Deleted User

Hi all,

Still in Switzerland, we're loving it here. The laid back attitude to life, and to Motorhome parking too! We havent had to pay anywhere yet which we love.

Another blog is up

1 Motorhome, 2 Lads, 1 massive trip: Central Switzerland

Will write more when I have more battery, it's dying!

Take care,
    James

18. EricOnTour2

EricOnTour2 Deleted User

Greetings Motorhomers!

We have moved into Eastern Europe, now in Hungary. There are hardly any Motorhomes now, we miss the constant waving!

Lots of wild camping as there are no aires at all. We scraped a wall the other day, cracked the Motorhome a little, a large scratch down the side. :Doh::cry: But other than that Eric is holding out okay.

Here is the latest blog: 1 Motorhome, 2 Lads, 1 massive trip: From Luzern to Budapest

Hope all is well in the UK

James

19. PhilandMena

PhilandMena Funster

Thanks Lad's a great read!
    Philip

20. EricOnTour2

EricOnTour2 Deleted User

Thanks Phillip, glad you're enjoying the blogs.

Another one up now 1 Motorhome, 2 Lads, 1 massive trip: Budapest & Early Romania

In Romania now, in a town called Brasov, goign to Bran Castle tomorrow to hopefully meet dracula.

We haven't seen another Motorhome in a long time, which is a shame, but we're not struggling for parking spots at all which is the main thing.

Hope all is well in the UK.