EUROPEAN MHs - WHAT HAPPENED TO KITCHENS AND PREP AREAS? (1 Viewer)

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
One for Dux :Eeek::Eeek::Eeek:

04966_10_teaserfullscreen2x1.jpg

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
The reason we have ordered a Arto88F is not only do we like the general lay out,the kitchen and prep area is very large(y).Jo loves to cook so it was the ideal one for us.
brian and jo

You are right, must be the biggest kitchen in the Arto range. If they put a decent kitchen in the Flair it might be something to tempt us but the current offering is smaller than ours and only has one sink so hardly an improvement when the van is bigger that our version as well.

Martin

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jan 24, 2010
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin
Exp
Since 2007
Hi Digger Jon

Not sure if you are looking for used or new but you are right about the lack of kitchen space and you might have noticed most don't have ovens either, ours doesn't but we have a microwave and a outdoor cooker so don't miss it indoors.

If you are looking for new the Hymer Duo has a half decent kitchen layout if you like the rest of the van as it is different.

Broken Link Removed
Thanks Martin...now have a new fav van to long for(y)

Jun 16, 2013
Wiltshire
Funster No
MH
Low Profile Hymer CL 554
Exp
Since May 2014
I don't find our small kitchen in the chausson 510 a problem. I close the glass lid on the sink and that gives quite a bit of space. Also close the cooker lid if having a cold meal or sandwich etc. We do use the table but only if i want something chopped by someone else. We knew the compromises but wanted a big lounge are. If it is nice we cook outside, don't do messy stuff/ smelly stuff in the van. We have no oven or microwave. But have bought a tefel bake and fry. Did simple oven type things in that. May change the grill for a microwave as the grill os useless.

Cobweb

Free Member
Mar 25, 2014
North Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2007
Yes it is a compromise....our old van Holdsworth Minuett had a better galley than our Rapido 997 ! We love everything else about our Rapido except the galley . We do often prepare things outside
And try to simplify our guisine so that too much preparation is not needed. We do lots of one pot meals and salads ...we did have a Cadac but found cleaning it a nightmare so now it stays at home and we just use throwaway barbecues instead . Some of the Autotrails have great galleys but many are too big and have not got the layout we want .

sadlonelygit

Free Member
Jan 28, 2014
forest of dean
Funster No
MH
Rapido
Exp
since 1975
our rapido has an inset to cover the sink, a slideout and a rapido chopping board that fits in the sink area.
also the table is both big and close enough if we want to use it for some prep!
i think the solution to your problem is a HOUSE, they have huge kitchens;)

keith

Free Member
Aug 25, 2007
Ecclefechan
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Starseeker
Exp
Caravaning since 1974 - Motorhoming since 2003
our rapido has an inset to cover the sink, a slideout and a rapido chopping board that fits in the sink area.
also the table is both big and close enough if we want to use it for some prep!
i think the solution to your problem is a HOUSE, they have huge kitchens;)

You sound just like your avatar. :LOL:

Huwmari

Free Member
Jul 26, 2013
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Benimar Mileo 201
Exp
since Apr 2013
We have an IH Savannah Tio, 5.9m with a fixed bed, oven, grill, four gas rings and a hinged table flap which goes across the sliding door, giving loads of prep room and even allows access underneath if someone wants to come in or out while you are in full cooking mode. There are two further tables which fold down for each swivel seat so absolutely loads of work surface. I've even done a roast dinner with no trouble at all. There is no draining board so the flap used with a draining mat comes up trumps again. This is the best kitchen layout we have found in a van with a fixed bed under 6m.

mjltigger

Free Member
Nov 12, 2014
Trowbridge
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Dakota Max
Exp
Just from the 'other half' lol

We have a sink/drainer and a cooler side by side. They both have lids to give some prep area but it was a juggle so I built the folding table that goes across the sliding door. The first fold opens just the width of the cupboard so you can still move round inside. It then folds again so you have a full table to eat at leaving just enough room to get in and out of the seats.

You don't need to spend 100k to get a decent workspace :p

Attachments

• IMAG0454.jpg
    IMAG0454.jpg
    134.1 KB · Views: 16
  • IMAG0430.jpg
    IMAG0430.jpg
    54.4 KB · Views: 17
  • IMAG0428.jpg
    IMAG0428.jpg
    115.9 KB · Views: 14
  • IMAG0427.jpg