Apr 11, 2010
Lincoln
Funster No
MH
Hymer C642 CL
Exp
June 2010
Hi

Does anyone know off hand please of any MH's that are 3500Kg vehicle weight or under that have a rear lounge that can be made into a double or bigger, a dinette at the front or middle and an overcab/drop down bed. I have found a couple of Swift and also a Lunar one but would prefer Hymer or any other german/european manufacturer.

Is the rear lounge and dinette an english thing maybe?

This is such hard work lol !!

Thanks for any replies
Shell

OP
OP
Shell181

Shell181

Free Member
Apr 11, 2010
Lincoln
Funster No
MH
Hymer C642 CL
Exp
June 2010
Mark, have had a look at that one - wow it looks fab, can't find anywhere that it is 3500kg or under though and I can't see it being under ??? We only have up to £25,000 to spend as well, so a little above our price range, if it is within the weight limited maybe an older model might have the same layout, will research it, thanks :Smile:

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Shell181

Shell181

Free Member
Apr 11, 2010
Lincoln
Funster No
MH
Hymer C642 CL
Exp
June 2010
lufcdave7 - just checked that and have been told its over 3500kg, not having much look am I lol, thanks anyway

Upvote 0

lunarman

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 23, 2008
South Glos
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 1994
The layout of the Hymer B644 may be what you are looking for. I tried to find one some time ago but later ones are as rare as hens teeth.

There is one on Ebay here Link Removed

I am not sure of the weight though.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

ritaderek

Free Member
Jul 29, 2009
norfolk
Funster No
Exp
try david fuller motorhomes their web site is excellent and their sales and after sales are great just bought a hymer from them part exchanged our old one which is under 3500 with fixed bed at back and bench seats to convert into another double. Just google david fuller motorhomes.

Upvote 0

Robinhood

Free Member
Mar 7, 2010
Sherwood Forest
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
20 years
Benimar Europe ST or Anthus ST both had rear lounge convertible to bed.

The ones advertised now (Google) appear to be in your price range.

Standard weight was 3500kg, though it was possible to upgrade to 3850kg (I did mine). Check if interested (at least a couple I googled were at 3500kg).

Nice van, and solidly built - spares may be a bit difficult nowadays though.

Upvote 0

Benni-Boy

Free Member
Feb 10, 2009
Halifax
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
30 years
I would also recommend looking at the Benimar range. There are four or five on e-bay at the moment. They are solidly built with beautiful woodwork. You also get lots of extras like solar panel, air-ride suspension and microwave. The 6000st europe has rear lounge which converts to double bed. Mid dinette. No drop down bed but a large double over the cab. We have had ours for two years. Well worth a look.:thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

JAY KAY

Free Member
Aug 22, 2007
Shotgate, Essex
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
15+
We have a Hymer B classic 595 which ticks all your boxes plus the seats behind the driver and front passenger convert into a single bed under 3500kgs. and will sleep 5 adults in comfort, the only problem with this model is that they did not make many of them. We hope to be part exing our one for an RV in the very near future.

John D

Upvote 0
Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years
Hi
Does anyone know off hand please of any MH's that are 3500Kg vehicle weight or under that have a rear lounge that can be made into a double or bigger, a dinette at the front or middle and an overcab/drop down bed. I have found a couple of Swift and also a Lunar one but would prefer Hymer or any other german/european manufacturer.Shell

German:thumb:
under 3500kg:thumb:
rear lounge made into double bed:thumb:
front dinette:thumb:
over cab drop down bed:thumb:
VW California :thumb:

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Shell181

Shell181

Free Member
Apr 11, 2010
Lincoln
Funster No
MH
Hymer C642 CL
Exp
June 2010
Hi

Thankyou to everyone who has replied and helped us, we have now got a list together of the ones that are 3500kg or under and that have our layout:-

Benimar Europe 6000ST
Benimar Anthus
Hymer B Classic 595
Swift Kon-Tiki 640
Elddis Autostratus EB
Elddis Autoquest 145
Lunar Champ A670R
Swift Gazelle F63

Still not sure if the Laika Ecovip 400 is 3500kg or under so won't add that, obviously when we do find one that we would like to buy we will check the weight on the plate and make sure we have enough payload left etc etc.

So at least now my search is easier and its just a matter of where and when now we have our perfect layout ::bigsmile:::bigsmile:::bigsmile:

Please feel free everyone to give us any pros or cons against any of them.

Shell

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back