European long stay cover for over 60s

Discussion in 'Motorhome Insurance General Discussion' started by steevw, Jan 14, 2013.

1. steevw

steevw Read Only Funster

I have travelled many times from UK to Greece in a VW camper. I now need to insure a small, low mileage, 1997 Nu-Venture motorhome for this year. My partner & I are both over 60 and we intend for our motorhome to stay in Europe for between 6 & 11 months. From experience, our mileage will be about 8000 miles per annum. Where do I start looking for an insurance company that will help me?

• Like Like x 1
  2. Carol

Carol Funster Life Member

I would give Comfort Insurance a ring they have a good motorhome insurance co.

3. scotjimland

scotjimland Funster Life Member

Agree with Carol.. Comfort are are good place to start .. they also do insurance for fulltimers.. but that requires a UK address .. as do all UK insurers..

Your info says you are located in Greece ?

Last edited: Jan 14, 2013
  4. steevw

steevw Read Only Funster

Several people have recommended Comfort so that's a good place to start. I like to get more than one quote, so other ideas would be helpful too. Any dealt with Adrianflux?

I live much of the year in Greece and my partner lives in Scotland. She is the registered owner.

5. PenelopePitstop

PenelopePitstop Funster Life Member

Try Safeguard but don't use the fulltime word! They give 365 days a year cover in Europe so if you have a UK address no problems!

6. lugnutt

lugnutt Funster Life Member

a/flux only have 30 days cover per trip

7. jollyrodger

jollyrodger Funster Life Member

8. gillamina

gillamina Read Only Funster

Amazing advice

I'm not 65, but am looking for long term trip insurance to travel around Europe and go climbing! The tips above are SO helpful! I had already tried Adrian Flux, who won't do long term/full time, and was already verging on despair as the trip begins imminently and insurance could be a major spanner in the works. Will try the companies suggested above and report back for anyone else in this position. Horray for FUN. :Laughing: