European long stay cover for over 60s (1 Viewer)

steevw

Free Member
Jan 14, 2013
Greece
Funster No
MH
Mini motorhome
Exp
since 2002
I have travelled many times from UK to Greece in a VW camper. I now need to insure a small, low mileage, 1997 Nu-Venture motorhome for this year. My partner & I are both over 60 and we intend for our motorhome to stay in Europe for between 6 & 11 months. From experience, our mileage will be about 8000 miles per annum. Where do I start looking for an insurance company that will help me?

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
I would give Comfort Insurance a ring they have a good motorhome insurance co.

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
Agree with Carol.. Comfort are are good place to start .. they also do insurance for fulltimers.. but that requires a UK address .. as do all UK insurers..

Your info says you are located in Greece ?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:
OP
OP
S

steevw

Free Member
Jan 14, 2013
Greece
Funster No
MH
Mini motorhome
Exp
since 2002
Several people have recommended Comfort so that's a good place to start. I like to get more than one quote, so other ideas would be helpful too. Any dealt with Adrianflux?

I live much of the year in Greece and my partner lives in Scotland. She is the registered owner.

lugnutt

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 9, 2007
wednesbury.westmidlands
Funster No
MH
autotrail apache
Exp
10 years
Several people have recommended Comfort so that's a good place to start. I like to get more than one quote, so other ideas would be helpful too. Any dealt with Adrianflux?

I live much of the year in Greece and my partner lives in Scotland. She is the registered owner.

a/flux only have 30 days cover per trip

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

gillamina

Free Member
Jan 16, 2013
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
new to full timing, motorhoming for years
Amazing advice

I'm not 65, but am looking for long term trip insurance to travel around Europe and go climbing! The tips above are SO helpful! I had already tried Adrian Flux, who won't do long term/full time, and was already verging on despair as the trip begins imminently and insurance could be a major spanner in the works. Will try the companies suggested above and report back for anyone else in this position. Horray for FUN. :roflmto:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back