European cover, phone call

Discussion in 'Continental Touring' started by ralph-dot, May 23, 2009.

1. ralph-dot

ralph-dot Read Only Funster

Just got my van insurance documents today (two months after paying for it) and it states that if I am going abroad (it included 60 days European cover) I have to inform them 14 day before departure. It is exactly 14 days before our holiday (lucky or what) but what I am posting for, is that I have never done this before and wonder how many others out there, may not be covered if they do not inform their insurers.

Ralph

2. ralph-dot

ralph-dot Read Only Funster

3. Kon tiki

Kon tiki Read Only Funster

It's something I always check before I'm buying insurance as we tend to do a lot of touring in Europe. With Saga I am getting 365 days so they don't need to know (but I did check if I needed to inform them)

4. vwalan

vwalan Funster

you will still be covered with the minimumrequired in where ever u are in europe . its a requirement most british companies forget to tell you. its not the best but u stay legal.

5. Bulletguy

Bulletguy Read Only Funster

Seems a bit slow service that does Ralph. Hopefully does not reflect their claims service.....certainly doesn't do much for the confidence! Who are you with?

I recently upped mine to include fully comp in Europe. It was only another £20 so i thought worthwhile.