European cover, phone call (1 Viewer)

Aug 1, 2007
Billingham
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
since 2003
Just got my van insurance documents today (two months after paying for it) and it states that if I am going abroad (it included 60 days European cover) I have to inform them 14 day before departure. It is exactly 14 days before our holiday (lucky or what) but what I am posting for, is that I have never done this before and wonder how many others out there, may not be covered if they do not inform their insurers.

Ralph

Kon tiki

Free Member
Oct 11, 2007
North Wales
Funster No
MH
Low Line
Exp
20+
It's something I always check before I'm buying insurance as we tend to do a lot of touring in Europe. With Saga I am getting 365 days so they don't need to know (but I did check if I needed to inform them)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
you will still be covered with the minimumrequired in where ever u are in europe . its a requirement most british companies forget to tell you. its not the best but u stay legal.

Bulletguy

Free Member
Feb 7, 2008
Cheshire/Staffs
Funster No
Just got my van insurance documents today (two months after paying for it) and it states that if I am going abroad (it included 60 days European cover) I have to inform them 14 day before departure. It is exactly 14 days before our holiday (lucky or what) but what I am posting for, is that I have never done this before and wonder how many others out there, may not be covered if they do not inform their insurers.

Ralph
Seems a bit slow service that does Ralph. Hopefully does not reflect their claims service.....certainly doesn't do much for the confidence! Who are you with?

I recently upped mine to include fully comp in Europe. It was only another £20 so i thought worthwhile.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back