Mar 8, 2010
Inverurie
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Just started!
Morning all,

We're off on a European tour for 3 weeks in July probably France, Italy, Germany although no firm plans yet other than a ferry booked Dover to Calais.

I've been looking around on line for european breakdown cover. Most seem to have a limit of 3500kg gross weight and 7m length, ours is 3850kg and 7.3m. Red pennant cover from the caravan club provides for the weight length with a premium of £183 for motoring only or £281 form motoring and personal. Is this as good a quote as I'm likely to get, or any suggestion where I should try for an alternative?

Cheers,

Rod.

rainbow chasers

Free Member
Oct 30, 2009
Mid Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Various
Exp
EBC (Eurpean Breakdown Cover) run by Green Flag, will cover uk/european countries for £65 per year - or you can buy in periods seperately.

Put EBC or European Breakdown Cover in your search engine and it will pop up.:thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

lebesset

Free Member
May 31, 2009
Funster No
if you have a breakdown you are going to pay for the repairs yourself ...I gave up paying for insurance 30 years ago , get if fixed wherever you are

if breakdown insurance companies can make a profit by taking your premium , so can you

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
i agree i either struggle home or fix it where you are saves lots of time and keep having the holiday.

Kell

Free Member
Sep 9, 2007
Dorset
Funster No
Hi Rod

It might be worth your while having a look at ADAC

Tried inserting a link but it wont have it. Googling ADAC will take you there.

wooly

Free Member
May 17, 2009
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
4 Years
Hi A quick note - EBC does not cover you if you have an accident, Adac does
Michael

Benni-Boy

Free Member
Feb 10, 2009
Halifax
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
30 years
That's great. Anyone got a German phrase book!?:cry:

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
If your base is a Fiat their Camping Car Assistance is only £79 for annual cover, it's done by RAC.

Link Removed

Countries covered:

The Service Territory
In addition to the UK, services under this Policy are also provided in the following countries:
1. Republic of Ireland;
2. all islands of the Mediterranean;
3. the following countries of mainland Europe: Albania, Andorra, Austria, Belgium, Bosnia
Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Croatia, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, FYR
Macedonia, Germany, Gibraltar, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Israel, Italy, Liechtenstein,
Lithuania, Luxembourg, Monaco, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Russia
(West of The Urals), San Marino Serbia, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland,
Turkey (that part in mainland Europe) and Ukraine;
4. the Vatican City; and
5. Morocco and Tunisia.

OP
OP
E

e20rod

Free Member
Mar 8, 2010
Inverurie
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Just started!
Thanks for all the replies. Muppet moment alert! We bought the motorhome new this year. Its a transit base which is covered by Ford assist program for a year which provides roadside assistance in Europe as well as the UK. Has anyone had any experience of Ford Assist?

Cheers,

Rod.

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
That's great. Anyone got a German phrase book!?:cry:
Am a member of ADAC,and I find them excelent,if you telephone them and ask for an English speaker they will find you one imediatly,they then send all your paperwork in English,you then pay by Visa,and off you go.They use the AA in the UK and local breakdown companys abroad so you get a very good service.Also with the ADAC plus you get medical cover too.

Big Momma

Free Member
Oct 3, 2009
Funster No
Morning all,

We're off on a European tour for 3 weeks in July probably France, Italy, Germany although no firm plans yet other than a ferry booked Dover to Calais.

I've been looking around on line for european breakdown cover. Most seem to have a limit of 3500kg gross weight and 7m length, ours is 3850kg and 7.3m. Red pennant cover from the caravan club provides for the weight length with a premium of £183 for motoring only or £281 form motoring and personal. Is this as good a quote as I'm likely to get, or any suggestion where I should try for an alternative?

Cheers,

Rod.

Try Caravan Guard, they use a HGV recovery firm for Breakdown in UK & Europe so no size or weight limit :thumb: Pretty good price as well :thumb::thumb:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back