European A class manufacturers (1 Viewer)

BreweryDave

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2011
Alvor, Algarve
Funster No
MH
None now!
Exp
With the exception of all the main EU brands we are familiar with at UK dealers - what other European manufacturers are there for A class motorhomes?
I'm told at the Dusseldorf show there are vans we never see in the uk.
Who are they???

Take note of the first line!!!

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
Looked on Mobil.de and didn't see anything we don't recognise.

mobile.de a good way of ID'ing vans + obviously dusseldorf show. We have changed our mind before after a visit. Dealer we use is a big panel van supplier and also Carthago and others...

some let you export with out paying german vat upfront...some dont!

ours arrange Fully comp insurance and 5 day export plates ..others dont!

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
(MORELO PALACE) "LUST travel per minute"?

How the hell does that work @ same time!lol

My fuddle is befuddled:LOL:

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
You will find many, many more motorhome manufacturers in Germany that you will never see at a dealer in the UK. All of the high end premium brands are built in Germany, most are bespoke built to customer order and there are still long waiting lists. Its not unusual for a high end manufacturer to sell there flagship models at over half a million with extras. There was a flagship Frankia with a Fiat car in the rear garage parked here up to last week. It was on a 12 ton MAN chassis and I cant even begin to think what it cost. RMB had a new model on mobile de last week at 320000 Euros, with a 9 month waiting list but its now gone. Whether its sold or not I do not know.

Soozywoozy

Free Member
Feb 18, 2014
Oxfordshire - edge of the cotswolds
Funster No
MH
Hymer B 704SL
Exp
2014, 2 motorhomes
We have a knaus - absolutely fantastic. And ticked every box on my wish list. Can't understand why there aren't more in the UK, Germany has loads. Read somewhere (can't remeber where though) that knaus produced the most motorhomes in Germany last year. (Not all a class though)
All dealings with knaus have been incredible germany efficiency and service. If you are looking in Düsseldorf be aware that the german standard spec is a bit like bmw (ie steering wheel is an extra), but the 2 UK dealers have a specific, very comprehensive, all bells and whistles UK spec.

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
A friend has a Knaus and has had a few issues with trim falling off........
Yessss.. there is always gonna be some with issues.. But compare the few problems recorded with the Knaus marque to most Brit manufactures !! ;)

Feb 22, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Nearly Tugging
Exp
Since 2004
A name you don't often see is Itineo, the economy version of and built by Rapido, we have been looking at them recently , they look good value for money.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
BreweryDave

BreweryDave

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2011
Alvor, Algarve
Funster No
MH
None now!
Exp
The knaus is a nice looking van - but they don't make one big enough for us. Same with itineo.
Need 8 - 8.5 m and 5000kg.
Eura Mobil integra 840qb looks nice and good value too!
The marques mentioned earlier are also very nice but very expensive !!!
Still on the carthago xl 5.8 at the moment(y)

Thanks for the links :)

OP
OP
BreweryDave

BreweryDave

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2011
Alvor, Algarve
Funster No
MH
None now!
Exp
Well, have been all over the place in the past few days - and now see that there are a lot more out there! (in the virtual world sadly!)
Many are very similar to what we already know, just dressed up differently etc. but have really had my eyes opened!
Thought I'd share a few with you in case anyone's interested!

Link Removed ....these are marmite!!!

http://www.arcacamper.it/en/

http://www.autostar.fr/

http://www.challenger-camping-cars.fr/en

http://www.mobilvetta.it/2015/index.php/en

Link Removed .......I'm liking these!!!

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
Just a thought........ Check to see the roof construction. Alloy roof skins do not like uber thunderstorms very much. Don't know if any manufacturers use this instead of GRP but worth a check

AuldCodger

Free Member
Nov 25, 2009
?
Funster No
MH
?
Exp
?
A friend has a van with an alloy roof skin and it - ahem - suffered a little bit in a major hailstorm

I'll cling to the hope of "a little bit" I admit it was the only question we didn't ask on purchase :(
Having toured for many years in Switzerland I must admit to having seen some horrendous damage to cars etc. caused by hailstorms. Maybe just stay in Scotland where the sun always shines :D

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Just a thought........ Check to see the roof construction. Alloy roof skins do not like uber thunderstorms very much. Don't know if any manufacturers use this instead of GRP but worth a check

Quite a lot do, certainly Niesmann+Bischoff untill this latest model Flair. Our roof is still OK though.

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
I must admit to taking a liking to the Vario mobil at Dusseldorf, some smaller A class at 7.5 and 8 metres in the Star range on either 5T Merc Sprinter or MAN and Merc Atego heavy jobs but can be speced less that 7.5T.

Pricey though.

bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp
We had a Eura Mobil for 4 1/2 years never any problem's, when we got it people said.............. No dealers in the UK.........Mercedes ......... OMG it has the sprintshift gear box, well 37000 miles later towing a car on a trailer, and living in it most of the time nothing broke and very pleased with it. :D
If your in Germany they have a stellplatz in the town and another at the factory, you can stay with electric/ water free, and everyday at 10 o'Clock they do a factory tour in English if you tell them, and at the end its tea coffee rolls and cake all free.(y)
;) I don't think hymer do that. :reel:

:Eeek: Bob.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back