EuropaSIM - PLEASE READ

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by Addie, Jul 25, 2014.

1. Addie

Addie Trader - Motorhome Wifi

Hello all,

I'm afraid I'm not used to the new forum layout and was unaware of this thread spiraling away with lots of misinformation here: europa sim 'services terminated' - therefore please allow me to start this fresh one.

You can read our full press release on EuropaSIM posted on the 19th here:
    http://www.motorhomewifi.com/blog/europasim-press-release/

The only reason I didn't jump straight onto the forum to post was that EuropaSIM and to a lesser degree us are overwhelmed by customers asking if their SIM cards are still active. In addition, nearly a week after the event, armageddon hasn't happened. At this present time I have just 5 customers who's SIM cards are not functioning, a tiny fraction of all SIM cards sold by us.

If your EuropaSIM registers on a mobile network and displays a signal strength you are presently unaffected. Continue to use your SIM, but follow our advice given in the press release above.

Please be aware that EuropaSIM.com is not affiliated with us and if you are a customer of ours you should be using a different contact form - please use the link in our press release above.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Adam
    Motorhome WiFi

• Like Like x 1
  2. ukbill

ukbill Funster

thanks addie and also a big thanks for making sure your customers are kept informed a pity other companies don't have your after sales commitment

3. Reallyretired

Reallyretired Funster

As I mentioned on the other thread, I registered my europasim in early May and it appears to be working. I am currently in the UK but it connects to Vodaphone UK (roaming) so seems OK.

Does anyone know definitely when the cut off date was, if there was one, i.e. Sims bought after X date will not work. An earlier post said April, but this doesn't seem to be the case

4. Addie

Addie Trader - Motorhome Wifi

There is no 'cut off date' or other pattern to the deactivated SIM's. This is part of the misinformation given on the previous thread.

EuropaSIM.com are a reseller for the SIM (like us) they are not the wholesale supplier, they have been giving a lot of different explanations but the underlying reason is far more complex in actual fact has little to do with EuropaSIM and is affecting a number of other Vodafone PAYG SIM's. The issue is the process to re-activate or re-validate the SIM cards, given Vodafone removing its support, which we are still exploring at present.

5. peterc10

peterc10 Funster

Thanks Addie

I bought my SIM direct from Europasim, because at the time you had sold out of them. All the information I put on the other thread came direct from Europasim's emails to me. Their explanation for why this all happened (blaming it on "Asians" who had cheated the system) is a bit different to yours. However we are where we are!

They also suggested that all SIMs registered before April 2014 should be OK. I am one of the lucky ones in and mine appears to be still working (touch wood).

6. forza

forza Read Only Funster

Hi, In the previous europasim thread someone mentions that from October 2014, you can use three mobile in all of europe, without roaming charges.
    Is this correct? as I did not read this information anywhere else. Where is this confirmed from? thanks.

7. Minxy Girl

Minxy Girl Funster Life Member

8. forza

forza Read Only Funster

9. keith

keith Funster

3 seem to be trying to get agreements with other countries but as yet only: Australia, Austria, Denmark, Finland, France, Hong Kong, Indonesia, Israel, Italy, Macau, Norway, Republic of Ireland, Sri Lanka, Sweden, Switzerland, USA are included. France has only recently been included but they say others will later.

10. Viennese

Viennese Funster

I really wish I knew why all this was so b****y complicated. Each company uses different terminology, and there are so many alternatives it makes your head spin.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Welsh girl

Welsh girl Funster Life Member

I'm very interested if Portugal gets on the list as that's where we'll be spending the winter.
    That's in the EU isn't it? Just joking I know it's in the EU so why isn't it on the list?

12. yorkieman

yorkieman Funster

Alas, they didn't bother to inform me. First I knew of it was when the darned thing stopped working just after I'd added 50 euros in credit. :(

13. JJ

JJ Funster

If you want Trish I can help you get a contract for Portuguese mifi for €36 per month no limit (slowed after 15 gigs).
    Pay as you go so you can stop it when you leave.

You do need an address and fiscal number but I know someone who can help there. ;)

JJ :cool:

• Like Like x 1
  14. Sidney

Sidney Funster

Exactly what happened to me!!! And now it's over 45 days since I put on the credit so can't get a refund via PayPal either.

15. John Laidler

John Laidler Funster

My understanding is all roaming charges will be abolished on 15 December 2014. 3 have just jumped the gun so to speak, and only for a few countries but other companies will probably follow suit and by December UK based providers must charge for data when you are elsewhere in the EU what they charge in the UK. This will cover all of the EU so Portugal will be included.

So I guess what you need to do is ensure you have a policy here in the UK which gives you the amount of data you need at a reasonable price. 3 have the edge for some countries at the moment but they will have a lot more competition by the end of this year.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Welsh girl

I'm on a contract at the moment from3 and wondered if I should cancel before going at the end of September ' 1 month notice'
    if not I will take up jj offer. Thanks jj

17. Welsh girl

Hi JJ.
    Hope to see you again soon. Is prai de rocha still open? Lol

Did you get your note 3 after all?

Can you get calls for that as well please? Either uk or Portuguese?

18. JJ

JJ Funster

Pria Da Rocha still open as far as I am aware.

Still on Note 2 but Note 4 out soon!!!!

The quote is for data only but you then use Skype to call any land line in the world for about 1p a minute...

Or you get a PAYG phone package too.

JJ :cool:

19. callumwa

callumwa Read Only Funster

• Like Like x 1
  20. John Laidler

John Laidler Funster

I saw that article when I was Googling but it is dated April and I found later ones which said it was 2014. Looking again I think these were mis-prints and 2015 is correct, thanks for pointing this out, but hopefully some companies will make the change before then, otherwise they will lose business to people like 3 who drop roaming charges early.