Eurodisney at Easter

Discussion in 'Continental Touring' started by Mangled, Mar 11, 2010.

1. Mangled

Mangled Read Only Funster

I was thinking of using my tesco vouchers to take the kids to eurodisney at Easter. I have been told that you can camp in the carpark but after getting off the phone with eurodisney they told me that this has been stopped. Has anyone been there recently and can confirm that this is the case, as if it is I probably won't bother going.

Thanks Gord

2. tommytli

tommytli Funster

you could stay at christmas when we went, hope its not been stopped

3. scotjimland

scotjimland Funster Life Member

I have checked their site and don't see any mention of it being stopped, they still have the price for camping car parking, now 15 euro ..

I have emailed for clarification and will post when they answer ..

4. scotjimland

Well, that was quick , but it may be an automated reply .. so none the wiser

5. Mangled

Thanks for that, I could not see it on the website. I called them up and the guy I spoke to said he was not sure and will check, when he came back he said that it had been stopped recently. The tone in his voice is what making me ask as I don't think he believed it.

Cheers Gord

6. scotjimland

Seams a bit strange ..

I have replied to the email asking why they won't clarify by email.

I wonder if the automated email can respond :Laughing:

7. scotjimland

I have a human response .. but I'm still confused .. they seem to be making a distinction between camping cars and motorhomes.. so I have asked for further clarification .. here is the email .

Dear Sir,

Thank you for contacting Disneyland Paris.

We are more than happy to help you preparing your visit on our Resort!

We kindly inform you that campers and campervans are allowed in the Disney parking lot. A 15€ flat rate per day applies. Nevertheless, we do not accept caravans or motorhomes in the Disney parking lot for safety reasons.

Please note that you may find a camp site by clicking on the following links:

http://en.parisinfo.com/
    http://www.outcamp.co.uk/

From 2nd April 2010 our 2 Parks are bursting with a new generation frenzy of excitement – with new Disney stories, new happily-ever-afters and new spills, thrills and exclusive attractions based on the major motion pictures Toy Story (opening late Summer 2010)! Now all that’s missing is you – so jump in and join the New Generation Festival action!

If you have any other question regarding your future stay with us, please feel free to send us an email.

We are looking forward to welcoming you at Disneyland Paris. Have a magical day!

Yours sincerely,
    Damien VAYNE

8. Forestboy

Forestboy Funster Life Member

I arrived home from EuroDisney last night after spending 4 days there.
    At least a dozen vans stayed on the park every night, charge 15 euros:thumb:

But it was the coldest place I've ever been, never been so cold not even skiiing.

9. scotjimland

I would agree about it being a cold place in winter.. we were there in Feb 08 and it was numbingly cold ..

re parking

This question has been raised on the forums many times, I think there is some confusion when people ask Euro Disney if they can camp there .. to which the answer will always be NO..
    It's not a camping ground or an aire, there are no official motorhome facilities, so the park authorities reply in the negative.. probably covering there ass, but overnight parking is permitted.

10. Mangled

Thanks for all the replies I think I will give it a go.:thumb:

Gord

11. madbluemad

madbluemad

What about RV'S and Motorcaravans Jim. From the sounds of it that would crack them up.

Jim
    :Smile:

12. Mangled

After deciding to give it a go I have been looking at ticket prices.
    I have read on another forum (where you have to pay to post) that annual ticket holders can camp for free. As I will be arriving at Disney on the Tuesday afternoon and not planning to leave till the Saturday evening would it be cheaper to buy 1 annual pass as well as the pay for 3 x 3/4 day tickets for the girlfriend and kids or buy 4 of the 3/4 day tickets and pay for the camping. Also on the website I cannot see the annual passes. Would it be cheaper to buy all tickets there or pre-order in the UK.
    Sorry for so many questions but I am a tight northern git.

Thanks Gord

13. scotjimland

This might help you decide.. I lost the will to live reading it :Laughing:

http://www.dlrpmagic.com/planning/booking/annual-passports/

looking at it quickly it looks cheaper to buy an annual pass if you are staying for 3 or more days ..

Re being a tight git .. don't come tighter than me .. :Laughing:

don't buy any food inside the park .. the prices will make your eyes water and your wallet will have a heart attack

take a packed lunch and flask or cold drinks, there are plenty of picnic tables

14. buttons

buttons Funster

Must have changed a bit since my last visit when they checked your bags on entry and all food items had to be left at the gate. Mind you that was the first week of operation, whenever that was.:Eek!:

15. scotjimland

no one bothered with us and plenty of others were doing the same .. but have you ever tried to search a Scotsman with a kilt on :Laughing:

16. Mangled

Thanks for that I didn't know that website exists, The annual passports are not on the UK version of the official site but they are on the French website. The website you gave me looks good but the blocked out days for the fantasy pass link doesn't work. The official website doesn't tell you either. Reckon I will have to ring France as the UK phone number from the website you gave me isn't recognised to find out the blocked days. I reckon the cheapest way to go would be to buy 1 adult annual fantasy pass to give the free parking as that would work out at nearly £70 alone then buy 1 x 4 days for the price of 3 adult ticket and then buy 2 x 3/4 day kids tickets. All well and good if the fantasy pass blocked out dates don't include the week after Easter.

17. errpaul

errpaul Funster

4th April i the only restricted day on the fantasy pass in th easter hols, so you'll be ok

18. errpaul

errpaul Funster

What dates were you planning to go?

19. Mangled

Thanks for that I was planning to get a late Eurostar on Mon 5th, sleep over in Calais docks Mon night as I cannot go until late as I am a marshalling at the British Superbike round at Brands Hatch. Planning to then drive down Tue morning, then have 4 days in the parks with the kids and plan to head back to Calais on the Sat night. Early Eurostar Sun morning as back to work Sun night.

Gord

20. Forestboy

Forestboy Funster Life Member

As I said we were there last week got a special off the internet nice and cheap.

if you buy on the gate its 34 euros a day per adult.

We took food in everyday and self catered in the evening evening meal for 2 adults 1 child was average £75 without drinks and food in the park was frightening almost 2nd mortgage territory.

Bags are checked but not for food as far as we could make out, hundreds of people taking their own food in those that weren't were going mad complaining about the prices.