Euro tunnel

Discussion in 'Continental Touring' started by Timbow, Jun 20, 2014.

1. Timbow

Timbow Funster

Off to Germany via the Euro tunnel in just over a weeks time. Train leaves 7.30is in the morning. We intend to drive down the night before and arrive between 1.00 & 2.00. Can any one enlighten me on what the situation is about parking up so early in advance of our train departure:Smile:

2. sdc77

sdc77 Funster

No problem... You'll almost certainly be offered an earlier train... Otherwise just Park up and wait to be called

3. chopper602

chopper602 Funster

There is a big car park in front of the 'services'. You could park in the furthest point and get your head down if you're not offered a better time (I'd be surprised if you don't)

4. Millibobs

Millibobs Funster

I've just pestered the toll booths and have got earlier trains, just do it nicely and I'm sure you'll get an earlier departure if they have the space. Will always use the tunnel in future,don't even know you're moving, you arrive before you've had time to eat your buttties lol.:Rofl1:

Last edited: Jun 21, 2014
  5. grasscutter

grasscutter Funster Life Member

As others have said, they will offer you an earlier train. Get across and park on the other side.
    If not just park up at the tunnel services until you are called.
    Enjoy your trip.

6. Roryboys Dad

Roryboys Dad Read Only Funster

We arrived at the Eurotunnel check in booths a few weeks ago just before 8.30 pm.
    The Automatic Number Plate Recognition system failed to work and we had to use either our credit card or booking reference number.
    We tried the credit card a couple of times but it wouldn't accept it and had just started to enter the reference number on the booking form when a voice asked if we were okay or needed help.
    He asked for our reference number, which we gave, and he said 'You're a bit early, aren't you?' The booked time to cross was 5.50 am.
    'Would you like an earlier crossing?' he asked and looked to see if it was possible.
    He said if we wanted to cross before midnight there would be a 'supplement' of £164.
    We declined the generous offer of more than doubling our total outlay for a return crossing and asked to be allowed to go by our booked train at 5.50am.
    'Sorry' he said 'but overnight parking is not allowed at the Terminal. You will have to stay somewhere else and return to check-in any time after 3am'
    So despite many people saying that overnight parking is allowed I'm afraid the very polite Eurotunnel employee at check-in thought otherwise.

:france::france::france:

7. Ladylea

Ladylea Funster

Why not go to Cite Europe there is a designated area for motorhomes there.

8. Bailey58

Bailey58 Funster Life Member

I assume the OP was talking the UK side.
    :Smile:

9. peterc10

peterc10 Funster

Gotta get across first

10. Ladylea

Ladylea Funster

Oops my mistake sorry.