LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Can you still use Tesco vouchers though Eddie ??

OP
OP
Jaws

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Gissa link to the thread you mention Eddie .. Must be blind here mate !

OP
OP
Jaws

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Thanks for the link (y)

We only have a few vouchers .. Should be £15 worth in fact... so that will give us £45 off ,, But ignoring those for the minute as that just confuses the issue a bit..........

So each car return costs £86 (£420) camper supplement (any size) is £11 per trip. So you want 2 of the 5, send partner a cheque £172. then you're on you own once you get confirmation of your frequent traveller password. When you want to travel you can book either online or by phone, pay the £11(per leg) supplement for camper so works out at £108 per crossing

OK, so just to get this firmly in my head..
Doing a booking ( 1 x return trip ) it costs us £212 as just quoted a few minutes ago, including the pet supplement

Doing it with frequent traveler option is £108 each way ( £216 return ) , plus the pet supplement of £17 = £125 each way or £250 per return trip

Either I am reading it very wrong or it does not seem to be much of a saving ;)

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
It's £108 return plus pet supplement each way

Yes @Jaws as the lady said:)

If you go to last pages of thread once you get the gist, member who are looking recently should be there...

Just bump the sharing thread and see how you get on?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:

Lee Fryer

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 21, 2014
Eastleigh
Funster No
MH
Coach built CI Carioca 15
Exp
Since June 2012
Tesco's points changing in December 1 point for £8 spend £8 minimum.
Lee

Jul 29, 2013
Salisbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL A class
Exp
since 2011
Tesco's points changing in December 1 point for £8 spend £8 minimum.
Lee
Where did you get that info from I can't find any mention of it. On Tesco website?

Mar 11, 2014
Lincs
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
Since 2010
Where did you get that info from I can't find any mention of it. On Tesco website?

It's for the Tesco Credit Clubcard for purchases NOT in Tesco. Currently you get 1 point for every £4 spent but it will be changing to 1 point for every £8 spent. Tesco related purchases will remain the same I think.

Jul 29, 2013
Salisbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL A class
Exp
since 2011
It's for the Tesco Credit Clubcard for purchases NOT in Tesco. Currently you get 1 point for every £4 spent but it will be changing to 1 point for every £8 spent. Tesco related purchases will remain the same I think.
Thanks Stroppy We haven't got one of those.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Tesco points can be collected in the following ways:

collect-points-1.jpg

Tesco Home
Tesco Entertainment;Broken Link Removed Tesco Books; Tesco Wine by the case;Broken Link RemovedBroken Link Removed
Tesco Services
Broken Link RemovedTesco Photo; Tesco Mobile***; Broken Link Removed
Tesco Motoring
Blackcircles.com ^^ Broken Link Removed
collect-points-2.jpg
Broken Link Removed

collect-points-4.jpg

Tesco Clubcard Credit Card**

collect-points-green.jpg

Inkjet recycling Collect 100 points for selected cartridges++

cands-overlay-title5.png

Tesco Gift cards Earn 150 Clubcard points when you spend £50 on selected cards∆

Broken Link Removed

Disclaimer
‡ Sorry you can't collect points on tobacco or tobacco related products, lottery, stamps, prescription medicines, infant formulae milk, Tesco Gift Cards, saving stamps, in store concessions, Paypoint payments or for purchases of some Tesco Bank products

* Tesco Bank Current Account provided by Tesco Bank. Available to residents of England, Wales and Scotland aged 18 or over. Subject to status.
• There's a £5 monthly account fee which you don't pay if you deposit £750 per month
• In Tesco collect 1 point for every £4 spent in each card purchase transaction.
• Outside of Tesco collect 1 point for every £8 spent in each card purchase transaction. Exclusions apply

** Tesco Clubcard Credit Card

• In Tesco collect 1 point for every £4 spent in each purchase transaction (£4min) in addition to standard Clubcard points.
Outside of Tesco collect 1 point for every £8 spent in each purchase transaction (£8 min)*. (* Until 30 November 2015 you will collect 1 point for every £4 spend outside of Tesco (£4 min)).
Must have available credit to collect points. Earn rates are subject to change.

*** Collect 1 point per £1 spent on Tesco Mobile Pay Monthly and Tesco Mobile Top ups
Top ups can be made in the following places:
• Top-ups bought from a Tesco store, via the Tesco Mobile website, SMS, debit/credit card over the phone and automatic top-ups. You need to have registered your Clubcard to your Tesco Mobile account to receive points.
• Top-ups bought from non-Tesco stores by voucher, via ATMs (including Tesco Bank) or by E top-up aren't eligible for Clubcard points.

† Maximum of £50 cashback. It will take 5-7 working days for us to add your Tesco Clubcard points to your Tesco Clubcard account.

†† Points awarded based on specific offers and purchases. The amount of points earned will differ according to the time and value of purchase. Blackcircles.com reserves the right to withdraw Clubcard point offers at any time without prior notice. Customers should enter their Clubcard details as prompted at the relevant stage of the purchase process on Blackcircles.com. Blackcircles.com require a correct Clubcard number in order to allocate points to Clubcard accounts. See Blackcircles.com for further terms and conditions.

^ Customers must be at least 18 years of age. The service is valid for consumer transactions only therefore excludes business or commercial transactions. Clubcard numbers must be specified before payments are made.

^^ Points awarded based on specific offers and purchases. The amount of points earned will differ according to the time and value of purchase. Blackcircles.com reserves the right to withdraw Clubcard point offers at any time without prior notice. Customers should enter their Clubcard details as prompted at the relevant stage of the purchase process on Blackcircles.com. Blackcircles.com require a correct Clubcard number in order to allocate points to Clubcard accounts. See Blackcircles.com for further terms and conditions.

Dec 18, 2010
Norfolk.
Funster No
MH
Autotrail cheyenne
Exp
2008-20??
John (Jaws) if booking using Tesco points you have to phone the Tunnel all is explained on tesco clubcard site.So the quotes you are getting online have no relevance..............Martin.

Nov 4, 2011
Uk
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
John (Jaws) if booking using Tesco points you have to phone the Tunnel all is explained on tesco clubcard site.So the quotes you are getting online have no relevance..............Martin.

I rang and used Tesco points on Friday and got the same price as online.

bartiny

Free Member
May 23, 2010
Accrington, Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2008
So what is one Tesco point worth please :unsure:.

(y)

Found it 1 point = 1 pence or 1%.

http://www.choose.net/money/guide/features/nectar-clubcard-ultimate-comparison.html

Ok so when using for Euro tunnel you get 3 pence or 3%.

I can save far more than even the 3% figure shopping elsewhere, as they themselves used to tell me every time i went through the checkout, then present me with a voucher for x£ telling me that i would have been better off shopping at Asda or the like, but if I returned within a certain time frame they would credit me off that bill :mad:

No thanks (y)

OP
OP
Jaws

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...

http://www.choose.net/money/guide/features/nectar-clubcard-ultimate-comparison.html

I can save far more than even the 3% figure shopping elsewhere, as they themselves used to tell me every time i went through the checkout, then present me with a voucher for x£ telling me that i would have been better off shopping at Asda or the like, but if I returned within a certain time frame they would credit me off that bill :mad:

No thanks (y)

cats fresh chicken livers Salisbury £1. (Lidl don't sell them:)) Tesco £3.14

this just one item..work it out yourselves next time you say is free....

Mar 11, 2014
Lincs
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
Since 2010
Hmmm..
From the posted info from Mel:

And then a few lines down:

You get the extra points on branded gift cards from here
https://www.giftcards.tesco.com/catalogue/Branded-Gift-Cards
and not on Tesco branded cards.

So for example, if you know you need to make a big purchase from argos, buy the gift card from Tesco and pay using that. You will then get the extra Tesco points. And also Argos frequently have the spend £50 get £5 voucher etc, so wait for that offer to pop up too.

ETA - you do get charged £1.50 postage for a gift card which kind of offsets the 150 points but the 150 points would be boosted to 450 for the tunnel offer

Last edited:
Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years

No thanks (y)
They now knock the difference off your bill, no waiting(y)

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years

Obviously you don't have to buy everything from tesco , it's just a bonus if you do and as in my last post if you could have bought something cheaper elsewhere they now supposedly knock it off your bill immediately.

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
Obviously you don't have to buy everything from tesco , it's just a bonus if you do and as in my last post if you could have bought something cheaper elsewhere they now supposedly knock it off your bill immediately.

and how many do you really think can be bothered taking advantage of that?.......advertising BS and spin dear boy:)

Oct 7, 2013
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Swift Escape Compact
Exp
Since 1988
No.

We always have the on-line quote open when we ring. We have always been given that price when we ring to book. (two return journeys per year for the last fifteen years. Always the same).

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User

Why would you waste chicken livers on a bloody cat?

Oct 7, 2013
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Swift Escape Compact
Exp
Since 1988
and how many do you really think can be bothered taking advantage of that?.......advertising BS and spin dear boy:)
Anyone who regularly shops at Tesco!

Our three nearest supermarkets are all Tesco. Driving past them to shop elsewhere costs more in fuel than the savings available. As we shop there weekly we always use the vouchers provided if "we could have saved elsewhere"

Living where we do there are no super cheap supermarkets like Aldi or Lidl available.

For us Tesco makes sense.

Just realised that the above sounds like an advert for Tesco. There are other brands available.

Make your own choices.;)

OP
OP
Jaws

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
No.

We always have the on-line quote open when we ring. We have always been given that price when we ring to book. (two return journeys per year for the last fifteen years. Always the same).

No idea what is happening there then
After getting a different quote every five minutes I rang them

Got the online quote, foned up and said I had £15 worth of tescos points ( actually a bit of a lie as at the moment I only have £14 so am desperately getting everyone to use my card LOL !! ) .. Asked what the price would be and was told with the points, the return price would be £167 including the dog
Exactly £45 less than the on line quote

bartiny

Free Member
May 23, 2010
Accrington, Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2008
They now knock the difference off your bill, no waiting(y)

Yes but after years of "telling me" I was being overcharged it has finally sunk in :rolleyes: I now shop elsewhere and save a relative fortune :D So thank you Tesco, you were right its cheaper elsewhere (y)

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
Anyone who regularly shops at Tesco!

Our three nearest supermarkets are all Tesco. Driving past them to shop elsewhere costs more in fuel than the savings available. As we shop there weekly we always use the vouchers provided if "we could have saved elsewhere"

Living where we do there are no super cheap supermarkets like Aldi or Lidl available.

For us Tesco makes sense.

you poor things:) dontcha just love tax avoiding corporate multinationals that don't pay a living wage!:D

don't worry Aldi or Lidl ( they have a no competition agreement) will be there eventually(y)

Oct 7, 2013
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Swift Escape Compact
Exp
Since 1988
you poor things:) dontcha just love tax avoiding corporate multinationals that don't pay a living wage!:D

don't worry Aldi or Lidl ( they have a no competition agreement) will be there eventually(y)
I was told that Aldi and Lidl are owned by two German brothers. Hence the no competition agreement. Don't know if it's true.

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
No idea what is happening there then
After getting a different quote every five minutes I rang them

Got the online quote, foned up and said I had £15 worth of tescos points ( actually a bit of a lie as at the moment I only have £14 so am desperately getting everyone to use my card LOL !! ) .. Asked what the price would be and was told with the points, the return price would be £167 including the dog
Exactly £45 less than the on line quote

I've heard of that happening with various online fare booking sites, not just the tunnel.

As I understand it when you get a quote it saves a cookie onto your computer. If you then get another quote for the same train/flight/whatever it reads that cookie and automatically comes back with a more expensive price. I have no idea why they would want to do that but it must have seemed like a good idea to someone.

If you clear your cookies and browser cache before getting a new quote it won't happen.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back