Euro tunnel? Have I missed something

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by Fragle, Sep 30, 2014.

1. Fragle

Fragle Funster

Being new to motorhomes and having never taken our new motorhome to Europe I thought I'd call and get a price on the frequent traveller offer. Not retired :envy:yet so still have 5 holidays a yr. As we used to tow a caravan the price for the motor home seems quite reasonable £430 for ten crossings plus £11 supplement per crossing:). These are off peak but suit our travel times. Before I book and find I've missed something has anybody used this. What's the catch? All information is useful :smiley:

• Like Like x 1
  2. Nirvanauk

Nirvanauk Funster

I've just paid £70 on the way out and returned today at the cost of £110. So it looks like you are on a winner.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Fragle

Fragle Funster

£108 return is what I make it(y)

4. Jaws

Jaws Funster Life Member

Just be sure the price is for the size of vehicle you have and not a car ... I got well caught out a couple of years ago... Got really excited as I thought I had found a total bargain by doing exactly as you have done !

5. Fragle

Fragle Funster

Hi. I called and asked. Told the person 7.5 m motorhome all they said was size not important (that's news to me) :winky:£11 supplement for motorhome

• Like Like x 2
  6. colyboy

colyboy Funster

We have used FT and its brilliant you can alter your crossing dates without charge so long as you give them 24 hours notice.

WARNING do not take up the offer until about a week prior to your first trip. The ten crossing date starts from the day you pay and MUST BE used within that 12 months,
    colyboy

• Like Like x 2
  7. Fragle

Fragle Funster

Good idea. Thinking first one to Europe may not be until easter. I think this way will take some beating on price. I would prefer Portsmouth to Caen but way to expensive